• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

pup11

International Coach
I will answer your pointless post with a pointless one ----> may be 'haha'

Or how about if I top you in mediocrity and pick out a word from your post [like you usually do] and make an irrelevant comment to sound funny like

haha, Axe, is that the deo brand? 8-)

:p
Code:
Time to axe Stuart Clark then?
Even with tons of Axe on Stuey Clark, i can't see many chicks killing each other to get their hands (and a lot of other things, which i am better off not saying on a family forum) on him.:ph34r:

Yup, i know that's a bad one.

Last edited:

Lambu

U19 Debutant
The aussie bowling looked ridiculously toothless..even more so than than the indian seamers,which has to be a first.

I saw quite a bit of post on the subjct poor attendance..well there is a reason.The facilities being provided to the spectators are absolutely horrible to say the least.I actualyy considered giving up and getting back home to watch it on television at one point..

ret

International Debutant
The aussie bowling looked ridiculously toothless..even more so than than the indian seamers,which has to be a first.
how could the Indian seamers be toothless when they picked up 9 wkts? :-O

btw, I wouldn't judge a bowling attack when Sehwag is batting as when he is at the crease, most attacks appear toothless

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
how could the Indian seamers be toothless when they picked up 9 wkts? :-O

btw, I wouldn't judge a bowling attack when Sehwag is batting as when he is at the crease, most attacks appear toothless
Hopefully we can start judging Australia's attack after the first couple of overs on Day 3.

Lambu

U19 Debutant
I just read on cricinfo that the aussie RR was 2.85 or some such!!That is piss poor on this wicket.Credit to Ishant for bowling tight lines.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Mate i was talking about people who flock to watch ODI and T20's, but find high class test cricket not good enough for them, but obviously mate i am not getting to ya, so there is no point....
Good to see you found high class test cricket so good that you actually went to the stadia to watch a few live. :happy:

ret

International Debutant
Spin Twin redundant

the ineffectiveness of Kumble and Bhajji when there is nothing in the pitch is a sorry affair .... is there a huge difference b/w Krejza perfo against the BP11 and the 'spin twins' in the Ist inning here?

Compare the 'spin twins' performance with BP11's spinners on a flat surface at Hybad in the Australians Ist inning

Ojha and Chawla,
74 overs, 161 runs, 8 wkts!!

they had the OZs by their tails and if we had these two playing at B'lore with the support of Zak and Ishant, things probably would have been a little different

just my 2 cents

ret

International Debutant
I just read on cricinfo that the aussie RR was 2.85 or some such!!That is piss poor on this wicket.Credit to Ishant for bowling tight lines.
watch the RR when Dravid, Ganguly and Laxman bat .... and that probably won't be because of the bowling :p

Last edited:

Lambu

U19 Debutant
Spin Twin redundant

the ineffectiveness of Kumble and Bhajji when there is nothing in the pitch is a sorry affair .... is there a huge difference b/w Krejza perfo against the BP11 and the 'spin twins' in the Ist inning here?

Compare the 'spin twins' performance with BP11's spinners on a flat surface at Hybad in the Australians Ist inning

Ojha and Chawla,
74 overs, 161 runs, 8 wkts!!

they had the OZs by their tails and if we had these two playing at B'lore with the support of Zak and Ishant, things probably would have been a little different

just my 2 cents
Yes I feel its only a matter of time before something gives way here.I'm certain by the end of England series will see a few changes in the Indian line-up.

And about the RR,i agree with regards to Dravid and Ganguly but never VVS(esp not against Aus).

Woodster

International Captain
Have watched all the play so far in this Test, and there has been some excellent cricket to view. Ricky Ponting fought so hard on that first morning and won the right to play a few shots as the day wore on. His innnings was outstanding and no signs of his old frailties in defence caused him problems in India before.

Mike Hussey has been another top performer, and at the moment looks to have very very few weaknesses in his game. The running between Katich and Ponting, and with Hussey, was first-class. They ticked along even if the boundaries were not forthcoming.

Thought Zaheer's figures flattered the way he bowled to be honest. Used the reverse swing excellently to finish off the Aussie innings, but was fairly unthreatening for most of the second day. Ishant for me looked the most likely Indian to get a wicket. At times he offered a little too much width, but on the whole, kept at the Aussie line-up and kept them under a degree of pressure. Something the spinners failed to do throughout.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Kumble and Harbhajan are finished as a potent force in Indian cricket. Unfortunately, we refuse to accept that fact in India. They have been finished for close to three years now but the odd performance here and there is enough for us to hail them as our trump cards.

Here is what they have, together, done in the last three calendar years for India.

Code:
[B]YEAR	WKTS	AVG	St. Rt.[/B]
2006	76	38.3	73.7
2007	62	33.0	64.1
2008	66	39.0	77.2
The figures for 2008 do not include their figures for today. Kumble did better in the first two of those two years and Harbhajan after ,the most horrendous couple of years in 2006 and 2007, which would have seen the end of most careers (32 wkts in 13 Tests at 50.2 each) has had a bit of a comeback this year.

Kumble should surely go and Harbhajan must no longer be a certainty for our Test sides. We need to blood our younger spinners, Mishra, Ojha and Chawla from this season.
Maybe the combination is a finished effective force, but individually can't agree that Harbhajan is a spent force. Kumble certainly is, watching him in SRI & this test he seems to have lost the ability to hurry batsmen his greatest strenght.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Ian Chappell is the studio analyst on Neo Cricket here in India, which is covering this series... Him and Mohinder Amarnath.. They give pretty great insights to the game, tbh.. Real value to watch the pre match, lunchtime and post match shows with these guys...
Lucky you then..

howardj

International Coach
Really big day in this game today.

I really think that today will be the last day when this pitch is good to bat on.

Therefore, India really need to cash in while the conditions are relatively benign.

howardj

International Coach
Also, I'd really urge patience with guys like White and Watson. I know they both failed yesterday, but nobody charges into being a great Test cricketer right from the get-go. I'd like to see them both given at least this Series to prove their wares and be given time to settle. It's very important to Australian cricket the degree of patience that the selectors show some of these new guys coming into the team over the next few seasons.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Enjoyed today's highlights. Watson's due a change of luck soon, surely? Not much a batter can do when a ball doesn't get more than six inches off the ground.

Sharma bowled so well tho, hope he manages to stay fit because the boy has close to the full package: bounce, movement, decent turn of pace & (as Haddin will no doubt testify) a well-disguised slower ball. Zaheer's figures were slightly flattering, but got some reverse to clean up the tail.

Kudos to Hussey tho; champion knock. Can't have been too many players better at marshalling the tail ever. Although, tbf, Oz must have one of the shortest tails ever with Johnson at 10.

Woodster

International Captain
Tbh, just think it was a big mis-judgement from Watson. Already Sharma had bowled a few that swung back into him, and on the delivery that dismissed him he appeared to be contemplating leaving it before changing his mind and consequently being very late on the shot.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tbh, just think it was a big mis-judgement from Watson. Already Sharma had bowled a few that swung back into him, and on the delivery that dismissed him he appeared to be contemplating leaving it before changing his mind and consequently being very late on the shot.
Yeah, he was maybe a bit late on it, but even so it didn't get up at all. Would mark it down more to bad luck than batsman error myself.

Woodster

International Captain
On Sky Sports, former England spinner Robert Croft was analysing, and suggested he was not too critical about Australia's line it was more their length that was wrong, too many easy drives. However, I think the problem they have with Sehwag is the line. They are obviously wary of giving him any width and are bowling straight at him, but too straight at times and he has scored a number of his boundaries eased off his legs. He is giving the bowlers a very small margin of error. Will be a fascinating contest tomorrow.