• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in India Thread

NikhilN

International Regular
marc71178 said:
Oh, so the Third Test is now the umpires as well?

Jesus, can you people not accept you're being outplayed by a better team?
ok first match there was a prob with the umps...but this match I think they were fair and it is really the Indians fault of the position they are in

ashwat_cf

Cricket Spectator
What Hitler could not do Bradman did! subdued England in England What Columbus could not do, Gilchrist will do- conquering India

V Reddy

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Oh, so the Third Test is now the umpires as well?

Jesus, can you people not accept you're being outplayed by a better team?
:D

I visited that ICF forum after a long time the other day to see "Amits" reactions with India losing but man the reactions of the so called fans were really pathetic. Now i realise how true Fraz's words were with regards to Dar umpiring in India :p

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
SJS said:
There is no way india is going to save this match. I hope there is some way I can be made to eat my words. :huh:
yes the test will be saved by a mamoth parternship by patel and agarkar, they both will score 100's and make it hard for the selectors to drop them ever again from the team :D

<Homer>hmmm tasty words</Homer>

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
biased indian said:
A special party is being organised in nagpur to celebarate the victory after the long 35 years

and austrlians have invited all the persons who have helped them in doing so

the indian batsmen,curator in nagpur,the umpires of 1st and third test
They didn't invite Parthiv ?? I am sure there are enough fans and some ex selectors in Nagpur who can remind Aussies about Parthiv.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ashwat_cf said:
What Hitler could not do Bradman did! subdued England in England What Columbus could not do, Gilchrist will do- conquering India
Gilchrist has hardly conquered India on his own. It's taken some excellent play by certain individuals with a lot to prove and what seems like fear of the Aussies by the Indians.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
NikhilN said:
why do people say that after every match India is about to lose!? If thats the case then those fans arent really Indian fans...India is a good team...just because they lose a match here and there doesnt mean you stop supportin them.Australia still havent won one series in India in there life but still Australian fans come to see their games...people like you arent even real Indian fans
But for how long is an Indian fan supposed to support a losing team? They have been losing in SL, against SL, they have lost against PAK in Holland, they have lost against England in England, and they're even losing at home! Are Indian fans supposed to be day-dreamers? They clearly deserve a lot more. As for the Aussies, at least they're winning lots of matches and are even close to winning a series here. As an Indian supporter, I want to see this team improve, do better, and consistently win tournaments. This is no rebuilding West Indian side, or a Bangla team struggling in its first years as a Test side, or an English team that only depends on two players, but the same over-rated Indian team on whom lakhs of rupees are spent. Some get 50 lakhs. For doing what? If anyone in this team is really worth the high billing, they should take it upon themselves to win every series they play, Tests or ODI's, and win the next edition of the IND/AUS series. The hand that hurt must give you the cure.
V Reddy said:
I think you mean fans shifting to other sports . It may happen if India continues to do poorly and if it coincides with India doing well in other sports{must say India has started the 13th round really well so far in the Chess Olympiad} .
Given the interest of football in the country, I hope the standard of the game improves here. To make up for this really disastrous stretch of three months, the Indian hockey team must win the Champions Trophy, so that the people who have got sick of the cricket team have another hope, in wider competition. It's good to see the young Hyderabadi tennis player improve. Really, it's about time other sports in India got their due.

Come to think of it, rather than watch a mediocre national side in action, they might as well watch Ranji Trophy matches. That will help domestic cricket a great deal.

twctopcat

International Regular
It's a good reality check for sure. After the last series i pondered how good the aussies actually were and thought they had lost it a bit. However the form of their bowlers is a bit of a psyche out concerning the ashes next year, gonna be one massive ask.

Dar

School Boy/Girl Captain
During India's break after the Pakistan series i remember telling my brother when India return its going to be a big few months and a chance for India to solidify their position as second best team in the world and be recognized the only challengers to the Aussies. The way to do this would be to win the Asia Cup (which after the Pak series i thought should have been almost a formality). They should then trash England 3-0 and at least get to the final of the Champions Trophy and then take on the Aussies and draw or win the series and finally comfortably beat the South Africans.

Too much to expect? Well for a team that reached the World Cup final and beat everyone excpet the champions, a team that went to Australia and outplayed (my opinion) them over a four test series, a team that went to Pakistan and beat them in both tests and ODIs i think my hopes should have been realistic. But so far its all gone terribly wrong and the passionate India fans really had high hopes for this team and are being let down. I will obviously still continue to support them and i am praying thins improve quickly

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
Dar said:
During India's break after the Pakistan series i remember telling my brother when India return its going to be a big few months and a chance for India to solidify their position as second best team in the world and be recognized the only challengers to the Aussies. The way to do this would be to win the Asia Cup (which after the Pak series i thought should have been almost a formality). They should then trash England 3-0 and at least get to the final of the Champions Trophy and then take on the Aussies and draw or win the series and finally comfortably beat the South Africans.

Too much to expect? Well for a team that reached the World Cup final and beat everyone excpet the champions, a team that went to Australia and outplayed (my opinion) them over a four test series, a team that went to Pakistan and beat them in both tests and ODIs i think my hopes should have been realistic. But so far its all gone terribly wrong and the passionate India fans really had high hopes for this team and are being let down. I will obviously still continue to support them and i am praying thins improve quickly
well said, its incredible how downhill its been since august. has any batsman scored a century in ODI's since then?

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
It is almost certain that the Aussies will claim the coveted Border-Gavaskar trophy from us. India needs to reach an improbable target in the fourth innings to win the test to keep the series alive.
Ajit Agarkar must be grilled and barbecued for the way he batted as if there was no tomorrow. But when the much-vaunted top order fails, he can't be held responsible. Anyway it was a fine effort from Gillespie who finished with a 5-wicket haul.

Zaheer Khan and Ajit Agarkar were superb in the second innings. But it was a case of too little too late and the lady luck was also firmly with the Kangaroos. Katich was blessed with enormous luck and they rode it to get some fortunate runs.

Now whatz up for India? It is going to be a climb to mount Everest with empty Oxygen cylinders. They need to draw energy from every of their muscle to pull this one. It is not impossible. But it is improbable.

Can the famed batting line up deliver a coup? Let us hope for the best. One hopes that when the Border-Gavaskar trophy is surrendered, the last Indian player should go down with guns blazing.

Who is responsible for bringing us down to earth from the highs of Adelaide, Sydney,Multan and Rawalpindi? Who is responsible for surrendering our proud home record? Who is responsible for giftwrapping the Border-Gavaskar trophy on a platter? Questions, Questions and more Questions....

--BRS (Disconsolate is a mild term)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Bapu Rao Swami said:
Who is responsible for bringing us down to earth from the highs of Adelaide, Sydney,Multan and Rawalpindi? Who is responsible for surrendering our proud home record? Who is responsible for giftwrapping the Border-Gavaskar trophy on a platter? Questions, Questions and more Questions....

--BRS (Disconsolate is a mild term)
Parthiv Patel.

NikhilN

International Regular
Arjun said:
But for how long is an Indian fan supposed to support a losing team? They have been losing in SL, against SL, they have lost against PAK in Holland, they have lost against England in England, and they're even losing at home! Are Indian fans supposed to be day-dreamers? They clearly deserve a lot more. As for the Aussies, at least they're winning lots of matches and are even close to winning a series here. As an Indian supporter, I want to see this team improve, do better, and consistently win tournaments. This is no rebuilding West Indian side, or a Bangla team struggling in its first years as a Test side, or an English team that only depends on two players, but the same over-rated Indian team on whom lakhs of rupees are spent. Some get 50 lakhs. For doing what? If anyone in this team is really worth the high billing, they should take it upon themselves to win every series they play, Tests or ODI's, and win the next edition of the IND/AUS series. The hand that hurt must give you the cure.
Given the interest of football in the country, I hope the standard of the game improves here. To make up for this really disastrous stretch of three months, the Indian hockey team must win the Champions Trophy, so that the people who have got sick of the cricket team have another hope, in wider competition. It's good to see the young Hyderabadi tennis player improve. Really, it's about time other sports in India got their due.

Come to think of it, rather than watch a mediocre national side in action, they might as well watch Ranji Trophy matches. That will help domestic cricket a great deal.
They are losing because people like you only like a team if they win

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
This is just a funny post. I hope no one gets offended by this.
If India loses to Australia at Nagpur(which we will) and lose the Border-Gavaskar trophy, what will you do to drown your sorrows?

I am planning to go to an Australian restaurant(when I leave India next month for Europe on a three week assignment)and have a Kangaroo dish and a Koala bear dish and name them as Warne and McGrath and eat the same!

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
Hiya Slow Love,

You must be real happy. I remmeber you from the last Indo-Aus tour 11 months back, we joined this forum at the same time.

good to see you around mate! :)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Bapu Rao Swami said:
This is just a funny post. I hope no one gets offended by this.
If India loses to Australia at Nagpur(which we will) and lose the Border-Gavaskar trophy, what will you do to drown your sorrows?

I am planning to go to an Australian restaurant(when I leave India next month for Europe on a three week assignment)and have a Kangaroo dish and a Koala bear dish and name them as Warne and McGrath and eat the same!
Good luck trying to find koala to eat...

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
Sanz,

very true.

Patel in his 19 tests so far has missed 23 chances, and conceded 176 byes, costing India a total of 675 runs, 38 more than he has scored.

but still that is not enough for selectors to realise he should be replaced. Arghhhhh!!!!!!!