• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in India Thread

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
179/8 , 20 more to go to save the follow on, not that it matters.

Last edited:

JustTool

State 12th Man
tooextracool said:
whether i am grumpy or not is frankly none of your business, this is a cricketing forum and im not going to talk about any sort of techniques that make anyone less grumpy.

the point that i made was that not very long ago there were people talking about how india had solved their problems outside the sub continent etc. and now when they lose on pitches that offer something for the quicker bowlers, they blame the groundsmen for it. if you cant win when you play on these sort of pitches then how exactly do you expect to win abroad?
I guess you are :wacko: :)

In the last 5 years which country has the best Test record against Australia ? Hint: It's definitely not England :p

masterblaster

International Captain
Goodbye Mr.Patel. Bad wicketkeeping and poor batting, I think your ticket back to Ranji Trophy Cricket has been booked. Is it too premature to say...

Welcome to the Indian test side Dinesh Karthik?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Poor Batting ?? I guess Laxman, Dravid, Ganguly, Sachin, Sehwag, Chopra and Yuvraj are breaking records after records in this series. So much for the criticism.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
89.3 Gillespie to Kartik, no run, wide outside the off stump, no shot
offered, low bounce, Gilchrist fails to collect it cleanly

Uh oh, Poor keeping by Gilchrist, he must be dropped from the side.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
89.3 Gillespie to Kartik, no run, wide outside the off stump, no shot
offered, low bounce, Gilchrist fails to collect it cleanly

Uh oh, Poor keeping by Gilchrist, he must be dropped from the side.

I get the point you're trying to make, but if you've seen Patel keep this series he really needs some work. If he improves his keeping and comes back into the side in 6 months or a year and bats the way he has recently India will be that much better for it.

There was one moment in particular where he flailed with one hand at an edge without moving his feet, during (I think) the first day of this test. And I mean that, he literally stood flat footed and stuck ONE hand out at an edge that any international keeper should have taken with ease. He simply isn't of the necessary standard to play cricket for India.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
5-56 for Gillespie, and India are out short of the follow-on target.

I'd say Australia will still bat, but India will need a miracle to save this series now, given that Australia should be able to add at least 200-250 to this lead without much trouble.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I have never defended his wicket keeping, but the everyone has been jumping on him as if he is the main reason for India's woos. It is the collective failure of Indian batting, If Pathiv should be dropped because of his wicket keeping , so should be Laxman, Chopra, Ganguly, Dravid and Yuvraj. They have failed as well.

Moreover, putting so much pressure in the middle of a TEST is really stupid. Parthiv didn't force anyone to be selected in the team. Mr. Kirmani who is criticizing Parthiv so much persisted with him for 3 years as long as he was the chief selector, So did Mr. Azad.

On the other hand Parthiv has batted very well and I think he should be played as a batsman and it is Laxman who should be dropped before anyone.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Congratulations to Gillespie on his 5 fer. One of the most under rated bowlers in International Cricket (and an unspoken hero many a time) , being part of a brilliant bowling machine.

I hope India can bowl itself back into this Test somehow!!

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
AUS should enforce follow on as they have the momentum going their way, I would'nt want IND to gain any confidence back somehow through their bowling, their batting is probably the at the lowest point of the series. AUS should put the nail in the coffin and get the series secured.

p.s oh well by looks like they decided to bat, IND will only play for a draw unless the target is less than 350.

Last edited:

mattyc

Cricket Spectator
Good to see Dizzy rip through 'em. Agree with others sentiments - he is very underrated. I remember when he first came back from his run with injury and he was bowling off about 4 paces. He's come a long way. :cool:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
I have never defended his wicket keeping, but the everyone has been jumping on him as if he is the main reason for India's woos. It is the collective failure of Indian batting, If Pathiv should be dropped because of his wicket keeping , so should be Laxman, Chopra, Ganguly, Dravid and Yuvraj. They have failed as well.

Moreover, putting so much pressure in the middle of a TEST is really stupid. Parthiv didn't force anyone to be selected in the team. Mr. Kirmani who is criticizing Parthiv so much persisted with him for 3 years as long as he was the chief selector, So did Mr. Azad.

On the other hand Parthiv has batted very well and I think he should be played as a batsman and it is Laxman who should be dropped before anyone.
I totally agree that Parthiv cant be blamed for being selected AND that India wpould probably have lost anyway. This is not to say that his keeping has been anything short of pathetic.

As far as Kirmani is concerned. It is intodays Times of India that both Kirti and Kirmani have been opposed to Parthiv's selection for quite some time now (including when Kirmani was chairman of the selection committee) but they were always outvoted two to three with selectors from West, East and Central Zones voting for Patel.

Once a selection was made, Kirmani under the norms laid down by the board has no choice but to defend the selection of the committee in public irrespective of his personal voting before selection.

It is also confirmed now that Kiran More, the West Zone selector was the one who abused Kirmani, called him a goal keeper and a long stop and told him that he was not qualified to judge Patel's capabilities as a keeper. This in a selection committee, and addressing the Chairman of the committee who happens to be, by wide consensus one of the two all time best , if not THE best , keepers India has produced !!!

For details go to today's Times of India Bombay.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Australia safely to lunch at 0/19. It's hard to see what India can do now except try and slow the scoring rate and make Australia bat until a fair way into tomorrow and then play for a draw.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Langer plumb to Zaheer, given not out.

I can only think that Dar thought it hit him outside the line, but it didn't.

edit: correction, it was Katich

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Zaheer bowling an absolutely awesmoe spell atm. Just had Katich Plumb! Although it was a tough decision, but should have been given.

JustTool

State 12th Man
It's these critical decisions at critical junctures that sway macthes. From CriciInfo (so I am not accusedof making excuses etc.)

Khan to Katich, no run, CLOSE! good length delivery pitched outside
the off stump and angling in sharply, Katich is late and the ball
hits the pad in line with the off stump, Zaheer Khan was convinced
but umpire Aleem Dar was not, looked very close
tv replays confirm that the ball hits the pad in line, Katich lucky
to be still ther
e, Zaheer Khan is bowling like a champion