• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India ODIs 2019/20

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am not sure I agree with the comms that the conditions will be the same under lights. There maybe dew which could well hamper India but I think the more likely event is that the pitch will freshen up just a touch and might make the new ball a little tough to negotiate, especially if the bowlers hit the right lengths (good length balls) and get an early wicket. Last game I felt Shardul was extremely unlucky not to get Warner out first ball (it was umpire's call but looked so out live). If a bit of that kind of luck up front goes India's way, Australia will be pushed very hard.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
350 has not been safe in ODIs for ages. My point was that the conditions might end up affecting Australia's batting innings more than India's, esp. if the dew does not happen.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think Rahul might enjoy batting at 5. He can stay put and anchor the innings if there is a collapse, but otherwise, he has as many shots as the next guy. And he only makes it difficult for himself by over-complicating when he has time but batting at this stage might be the best for him. When he can just let his instincts take over.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Good work by Agar there. But what is amazing is how common place such catches have now become, because of all the T20s really.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
This pitch is a freeway, Australia have been patchy at times but have fought well so far. 320-340 seems fairly chaseable, game well in the balance

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cricinfo: "Update for you all, India have been penalised 5 runs for running on the pitch. Australia will start the chase at 5-0"

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
India has their near full strength bowling attack today. Good to see Kohli taking bowling seriously.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Also Cricinfo: Apologies. there is ambiguity as to whether those 5 penalty runs are confirmed. We're not sure yet, but will get back to you as oon as we are

googlyeyes

Banned
Tamil commentators don't give a ****.

One guy was saying nothing but cliches so Sadagopan Ramesh told him to say that to Smith as a player so that he would go back to Australia because of the cringe.:laugh:

cnerd123

likes this
I reckon Lokesh might be a better keeper than Pant. Has looked solid and that stumping was slick

If he can find that T20 mode more often he could be a really good number 5 too

I like the cut of Saini's jib.