• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Rohit and Gill looked very comfortable out there. Australia will have to bowl out of their skins to bowl India out on Day 3 or even by 1st session Day 4.
Those two are the in-form batsmen anyway though. The rot lies below them. Pujara might shine yet but I have no confidence left in Kohli's innings-building abilities.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has Ashwin put out a YouTube video this test about how to bat in first innings’ in India?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yesterday was the most important day in Australian cricketing history

The day Alex Carey proved how useless he is. Honestly, what a shot.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Rohit and Gill looked very comfortable out there. Australia will have to bowl out of their skins to bowl India out on Day 3 or even by 1st session Day 4.
Even if we bowl them out at the end of the 1st session day 4 they've probably made 400 in that time right? Gives us an 80 run lead and an ability to dictate the target if the pitch is still flat. I'm more worried that India bat till the end of day 4 and beat us by an innings.

Burgey

Gill batting like a scared man on the world’s flattest pitch. Backing away while 440 odd behind. Fraud.

Daemon

I think scoring quickly is a good thing here, gotta make use of the surface before the inevitable turn. You already see signs of it. Starc's building footmarks too.

Burgey

Odd take, he was toying with Starc lol
Lol you he averages 30 odd in test cricket. You don’t toy with anyone when you’re over 400 behind and that suspect. He backed away from a leg stump length ball after gloving a short one the ball before.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Need some control while both batters are attacking. Murphy on please.
I feel like they've almost underused Murphy since the first test, maybe just a case of 3rd spinner in the subcontinent stuff. You want kunhenann and Lyon to get a rhythm going and you ideally shouldn't bowl Murphy and Lyon at the same time since there similar bowlers.

Burgey

I feel like they've almost underused Murphy since the first test, maybe just a case of 3rd spinner in the subcontinent stuff. You want kunhenann and Lyon to get a rhythm going and you ideally shouldn't bowl Murphy and Lyon at the same time since there similar bowlers.
Yeah they’ve sort of got carried away a bit with having the ball turning away even though he’s better than Kuhnemann