• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Gob

International Coach
True, and I agree totally there. His skillsets, at least on paper, should make him a desirable asset for you guys when playing in the SC especially and he seems to be in very good rhythm right now in red ball cricket.

But I think the whole discussion started when TJB said Aus missing Starc was comparable to India missing Rishabh, so ?‍♂
Again I never said that.

Problem lies in the supporting cast for me. Hazlewood has never looked potent in the sub continent and after that you've got Boland and Neser whom I'd assume to be as ineffective as Hazlewood. After that, its Morris who is yet to play test cricket full stop. Considering the improvements Starc has made to his red ball game (scramble seam) in recent times, it will be a massive downgrade regardless of who replaces him

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Think pants injury + Jadeja being missing really weakens India as a side. Both being out means your gonna struggle to fit five bowlers in, if pant was fir Axar + Ashwin could do a job, but without him things are dicey. India's middle order + Rohit have been where there runs have come from at home recently, and out of the 5 guys essential to that only Iyer and Ashwin seem likely to be fit when the series roles around

Victor Ian

International Coach
Are Australia doing any kind of boot camp on Indian style pitches like last time, or are they just going to fly in without a single tour game and get smashed?

Chrish

International Debutant
And where the hell is Rohit?? Has he even played any game after being a captain? Didn’t play against NZ, whole SA tour, “final” against England and skipped the tour of Bangladesh. Somehow he is always fit for ODI and T20s.

I mean wtf is going on?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
3-0 India, even though India are definitely weaker than last time. I don't see our bowling being as effective this time, and Smith is no longer God.

Gob

International Coach
3-0 India, even though India are definitely weaker than last time. I don't see our bowling being as effective this time, and Smith is no longer God.
I don't argue with the score line but it won't be down to bowling. You are basically going with 2 batsmen lite if Warner and Head play. Usman is good on slow wickets with a bit of turn on offer but not on genuine turners and I don't like the way Green sweeps. Marnus should do well in theory but he is still vastly untested so it could all come down to Smith. Carey could go ok now that I think about it

Bowling should be ok especially if Starc recovers in time. 2nd spinner is a worry

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Unless we produce rank turners, pitches that start misbehaving on day 1, give no purchase to the pace bowlers and then progressively deteriorate further, I don't see how we can make it a fight given the absolutely awful batting lineup we have (and now we don't have Pant, maybe not Jadeja as well)...even then this bunch of losers could fall cheaply to someone as innocuous as Lyon or maybe even Smith.

Slifer

International Captain
For a neutral like myself, India still starts as slight favorites. India have dominant at home without Pant, don't see why they can't at least edge Australia.

Having said that, this is probably the best opportunity for any team to win a series in india in a very long time. And if Australia wins, i for one as a neutral, won't put any silly asterisks just because Pant is missing. Key players missing series happens all the time. India practically missed their entire team and still won in Oz most recently.

If a team depends on one player to win, then they don't deserve to be held in high esteem.

ZK$

U19 Cricketer
I doubt we’ll prepare any rank turners. The pitches will be low slow roads.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Starc has a great record in SL and did reasonably well in Pakistan. He generally does well in the subcontinent with reverse swing bowling. He is a massive loss if he doesn't play regardless of what his bowling average over two tests in India is atm
haha it was 30

Maybe get your facts correct next time
If this is the kind of logic we can expect from Sunilz and HB again this could be a tour thread to avoid tbh

:cool:

Xix2565

International Regular
Did you even watch 4th Test ?
IND were 146/6 in reply to 205 . Even a 30 runs lead would have been vital considering India would have to bat in the 4th innings.
India had the better attack so England wouldn't have gotten far even if Pant and Sundar hadn't batted as well as they did. Sorry but this is starting to border on insanity the fervent disbelief in India's bowling to carry us through regardless of loss in batting talents.

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Vice-Captain
What about Warner, does he get selected to go? He needs to get runs in India:

India
Matches: 8
Innings: 16
Ducks: 1
Not Outs: 0
Runs: 388
50: 3
100s: 0
Highest Score: 71
Average: 24.25

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
What about Warner, does he get selected to go? He needs to get runs in India:

India
Matches: 8
Innings: 16
Ducks: 1
Not Outs: 0
Runs: 388
50: 3
100s: 0
Highest Score: 71
Average: 24.25
Think Warner should have already been dropped if they didn’t want to take him overseas