• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Really, did you forget the second test? It was even worse than the first game at Pune, but I guess since you probably don't remember as you only won the first one.

Yes on flat decks India would neutralize almost every attack out there, including Oz, whether the opposition's in form or not. The issue however is that none of our bowlers are in peak form, like say Jadeja/Ashwin 5-6 years back & Axar has yet to deliver on such tracks against good sides. So most of these tests would end up in a draw, of course assuming that we bat well on them - which right now is dodgy to say the least!
The 1st test pitch was an absolute joke, it's the exact kind of deck where any half decent part timer can pull a root or clarke 5/8 out of their ass. It's just as bad as an england deck where any half decent 120 KM/H dibbly dobbler can take meme figures, FYI. I don't recall the second test as well as I'de like but it wasn't as poor as the 1st test.

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
It was a better pitch than Mumbai 2004, or Nagpur 2015 - you should be able to see that with the scores Oz achieved or do you think SoK is part time pie chucker like Clarke? And Clarke took 6/9 btw :huh:

Xix2565

International Debutant
If I am not wrong NZ drew the test in Kanpur or was it? In any case Kuldeep I think was not part of that Test squad.
In any case Kuldeep's form is clearly with him right now. And Aussies do have struggles against him in the past. Axar's accurate darts are good enough on turners but if they roll out a good pitch & Aussie win the toss like they did in Dharamsala we need Kuldeep to have some sorta X factor in there.
NZ drawing isn't exactly a slight against Axar or anyone beyond failing to take 1 more wicket which plenty of teams have also failed to do before.

Do you think the Kanpur and Wankhede pitches were rank turners? Really not seeing this surefire case for Kuldeep over Axar at the moment, you might need to actually think and present a case that is based in reality.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All ten in the first innings taken by quicks before spin took over. Bizarre looking card.

Burgey

Not sure why India would roll out a deck which turns so much it makes the likes of Agar a functional test bowler. Suspect the pitches will turn as they often do and they'll rely on Ashwin, Jadeja (assuming he's fit) and whoever to out bowl Lyon and whoever, which they more than likely will. If you make a deck too spicy you risk making the contest closer than it ought to be (see also, Brisbane this year vs SA).

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not sure why India would roll out a deck which turns so much it makes the likes of Agar a functional test bowler. Suspect the pitches will turn as they often do and they'll rely on Ashwin, Jadeja (assuming he's fit) and whoever to out bowl Lyon and whoever, which they more than likely will. If you make a deck too spicy you risk making the contest closer than it ought to be (see also, Brisbane this year vs SA).
I dont think the deck is necessarily any type of indicator. The track at Pindi produced a lot of wickets literally a week before the test against England on that pancake. Also, the winter usually means attempts to make flat tracks that turn later in the game end up not turning or aiding slow turn, coz there is not enough sun and heat on the wicket.

OverratedSanity

You probably don't even remember the scoreboard at Bangalore otherwise you wouldn't be making these claims! This on the first day of a test.

Nathan Lyon22.245082.2300

This on the fourth day -

Josh Hazlewood2456762.7900
That Bangalore pitch wasn't really a rank turner. It had horrible inconsistent bounce and was unplayable in the second innings for both teams.

morgieb

Yeah had it been merely a turner I wouldn't minded it, but as it was it deserved to be sanctioned.
Think a pitch with lots of inconsistent bounce is way worse than a turner. At least a turner remains a fair-ish contest for all sides even if ball >>>> bat. With bounce it's far easier to get out on balls that play in ways that really shouldn't happen, and Bengaluru was even worse than usual as I think the bounce was often far more difficult for right-handers than left-handers to deal with.

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
That Bangalore pitch wasn't really a rank turner. It had horrible inconsistent bounce and was unplayable in the second innings for both teams.
Really, it didn't turn square? Maybe not Pune like but you're trying to rewrite history here -
8/50 on first day from a spinner doesn't just happen because of inconsistent bounce! Pretty sure it turned more on day 4 of the test.

Right & it was the worst pitch of the series, on red soil the ball generally doesn't skid or shoot through! This is why Oz were able to score as many as they did at Pune.