• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wait, you're saying cricinfo has an anti-India bias? Are you for real? This is genuinely delusional.
yeah I saw that and figured I'd let that one through to the keeper

ftr I always figured the cricinfo commentary was run by Indians

TheJediBrah

To be perfectly honest probably not......things like that really don't tend to bother me. We all have our different things that grinds our gears, for me it is having DRS return a wrong decision. If Root got sawn off through the DRS process I'd crap on about it for a month.

I do get why people are pissed about seeing such variable bounce from the first session though.......but I like the variety of these wickets and if it makes for entertaining cricket, I don't give a **** if it's tough for batsmen.
I agree with all of this. The issue for me isn't that the pitch was too hard for bat on, it's that it was clearly prepared with the intention to give one team an advantage.

OverratedSanity

Must admit some of Kohli's comments don't stand up to scrutiny as people have pointed out. He's a moron tbh. Had a chance to come out of that conference looking much better. He didn't even need to take the high road. Should've just said Smith did an awful thing and that he himself would never do that. If he's wrong about some of the things he's said, then he's shot himself in the foot and deserves punishment.

Hennybogan

U19 12th Man
Maybe it was not shown on the broadcast and the crap info play by play blokes have a ridiculous anti-India bias anyways. I just dunno how anyone can say they have reported to the referee without it being true. If it was not true, wont the referee and ICC have jumped on it by now? The match officials have not given any official statement either.
Yep can't wait for that report but on the actual balls bowled whilst Kohli was batting there was none that had any DRS involvement or looked like being a chance of being referred. I watched it again, I can't wait for this to unravel, hopefully some reporter will start digging as it will be a heck of a show when the truth comes smack bang on Kohli's face.

Burgey

I said their play by play guys do, since the Ind-Eng series. What is delusional is that you think it is so without even having checked out what the subject matter is.
HB exhibiting Class of 2008-level classic Indian victim complexity here. The umpires are against them, DRS is against them, the ball-by-ball blokes on cricinfo are against them, Shastri is against them. Damn, I know even paranoids have enemies, but you're really taking it to another level here mate.

Are you saying the cricinfo ball by ball commentators didn't mention anything about there being a close shout or discussion re a review contemporaneously because they knew Australia was always looking to the dressing sheds? Read the commentary, watch the coverage. Kohli was in when it supposedly happened, so it won't take long. Fact is, it didn't happen while he was batting. Kohli's made it up. He's been caught out lying about it. Just accept it. We all know he's a ****wit, now we can confidently say he's a lying ****wit. That or his personality disorder took over during the presser.

And tbf that's as good an explanation as any.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Must admit some of Kohli's comments don't stand up to scrutiny as people have pointed out. He's a moron tbh. Had a chance to come out of that conference looking much better. He didn't even need to take the high road. Should've just said Smith did an awful thing and that he himself would never do that. If he's wrong about some of the things he's said, then he's shot himself in the foot and deserves punishment.
Not a "moron" IMO, just a bit of a ****, not that smart, lacking a filter and very self-centred, ie. seemingly brought up to think that he can do no wrong and anything that goes against him ins injustice. Which can be a bad combination.

ftr this is the kind of personality that can make for interesting cricket. This is one of the main reasons why Kohli is such a star in my eyes. No one wants a bunch of boring Kane Williamsons running around doing nothing funny or controversial.

I also think Donald Trump getting elected was a fantastic result because of all the lulz it brings though so take what I say with a grain of salt

Anyway I hope he doesn't change

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maybe it was not shown on the broadcast and the crap info play by play blokes have a ridiculous anti-India bias anyways. I just dunno how anyone can say they have reported to the referee without it being true. If it was not true, wont the referee and ICC have jumped on it by now? The match officials have not given any official statement either.
You really are a one eyed Indian fan aren't you? Not that there's anything wrong with being parochial but Cricinfo is about as pro-India as an impartial news site can be.

It really pisses me off that Kohli has made this game about a very minor infraction that had no impact on the game rather than the incredibly entertaining test we all just watched. The guy is a disaster and should lose his captaincy over it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
HB exhibiting Class of 2008-level classic Indian victim complexity here. The umpires are against them, DRS is against them, the ball-by-ball blokes on cricinfo are against them, Shastri is against them. Damn, I know even paranoids have enemies, but you're really taking it to another level here mate.

Are you saying the cricinfo ball by ball commentators didn't mention anything about there being a close shout or discussion re a review contemporaneously because they knew Australia was always looking to the dressing sheds? Read the commentary, watch the coverage. Kohli was in, it won't take long. It didn't happen while he was batting. Kohli's made it up. He's been caught out lying about it. Just accept it. We all know he's a ****wit, now we can confidently say he's a lying ****wit. That or his personality disorder took over during the presser.

And tbf that's as good an explanation as any.
And Burgey exhibiting classic 2008 ignorance of and refusal to acknowledge facts.. Whatdyaaknow? :p

I never said umpires and DRS and Shastri were against us. I pointed out Aus got all the things going their way in Pune and during the first two days here, which is a fact. India certainly did not deserve any luck and would have lost even if every close thing went their way instead of against at Pune, hence it was no big deal. Here on day 2, India did make a big effort and the luck being with Australia could have shut them out of the series, which was my point about those things.

And reg. crap info play by play, I am at office a lot of times during these games and I have seen what they write. It does not take a genius to figure it out. Also, since you dont seem to understand or appreciate facts when it comes to India, crap info play by play guys watch the TV telecast and report, with their obvious biases thrown in. Which means if it did not make the broadcast cameras, they wont have seen ti either. I simply mentioned I wont take those crapinfo play by play guys' words when it comes to a perspective of what actually happened out there. You are the one who cannot accept facts here.. :p You just hate it when blokes stick it back to your team. Go on.

Hennybogan

U19 12th Man
Espncricinfo is very anti Australian and I did notice that at least in these 2 matches they were probably more anti Indian, depending on the commentator they mostly have some bias going on every match. The comments section is awful, good for a giggle though

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You really are a one eyed Indian fan aren't you? Not that there's anything wrong with being parochial but Cricinfo is about as pro-India as an impartial news site can be.

It really pisses me off that Kohli has made this game about a very minor infraction that had no impact on the game rather than the incredibly entertaining test we all just watched. The guy is a disaster and should lose his captaincy over it.

Again, read my post before you call me names. Anyone who has read your posts can make out who is the one eyed supporter here. I said the play by play guys were clearly biased against India. And that is a fact.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Espncricinfo is very anti Australian and I did notice that at least in these 2 matches they were probably more anti Indian, depending on the commentator they mostly have some bias going on every match. The comments section is awful, good for a giggle though

Simple explanation: Got loads of Englishmen doing their play by play now. :p