• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's the weather forecast like for the rest of this game? Really wanna see a thrilling 4th innings chase.
Not great - Day 4 will probably be mostly fine depending on when the rain hits, Day 5 will probably see a fair bit of lost play.

Burgey

Want to see this ****er played out, not rained out. Been a great test match so far.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Gambhiring is ****ing awful
Agreed......way too much of it on both sides.

This game is on a knife edge and a good session either way will swing it. Anyone saying their side is ****ed and out of it needs an uppercut.

Would be such a shame if weather plays a part, awesome test that I really hope comes to a proper conclusion.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Really enjoyed watching the last couple of hours this morning. Was taken a bit by surprise over the pessimism of the Indian supporters.
Will be about on here tomorrow morning as I won't be sitting infront of the tv,so hopefully the mood will be more optimistic. Find myself supporting the underdog ...

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Honestly can't believe the Indian posters in here. If I were to pick the position my side was in, I'd take India's position.

If we had have cleaned up two more wickets yesterday I'd say it would be even or in Australia's favour. As it is India are strong favourites with two set batsmen at the crease and runs on the board. 150 is a defensible total on this pitch when you have two very good spinners.

bigmitch

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Aussie boys and fans won't have slept that restfully last night (including me).... this comeback was bound to happen at some point. Just sad that we had a huge chance to seal it and dropped the ball (literally).

Feeling a bit more confident now, gotta back them in to trigger a similar collapse to india's last three innings. every run by the tail will be incredibly frustrating given the meek surrender from ours.

If we can knock em over quickly in the first session for about 50-60 we are a huge chance. anything 220+ is india's game to lose imo considering our 4th innings chasing history.

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
Another great gripping day of Test cricket. Say what you will about the pitch - but it has brought forth some really great performances from everyone in either side. But you would have to say this is worse then Pune given the variable bounce. Quite a few have been caught out with balls creeping along the ground.

India fairly well in charge with two set batsmen. Of course, its a fresh start today which works in Australia's fav. But surely they are in the box seat at the moment and another 50 runs to get a 175+ will see them as fav's.

Another huge first session coming up.

bigmitch

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Really enjoyed watching the last couple of hours this morning. Was taken a bit by surprise over the pessimism of the Indian supporters.
Will be about on here tomorrow morning as I won't be sitting infront of the tv,so hopefully the mood will be more optimistic. Find myself supporting the underdog ...
Aussies then?

S.Kennedy

Worst case scenario for an Indian, Australia are chasing 150 on a wicket which resembles the battlefield of the Somme; India would have to be skittled out 6/20+ for this to happen which would be terrible batting. You'd probably favour Australia but not by a terrific amount on that wicket. More comfortable scenario for India, and very realistic, would be 180 - 200 chase, India favourites. Best case and India put on more than that and India will almost certainly win. The test couldn't be more nicely poised but in summary I'd say, India marginal favourites.

I suppose Indian fans must be fearing an one of these,

Albeit one wicket difference.

Last edited:

Daemon

Hb, please start posting less aggressively. You've been poor thus far. Less gambhiring would be nice from all RANDIs as well. It was already getting incredibly annoying when smali did it on his own but this is much worse.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hb, please start posting less aggressively. You've been poor thus far. Less gambhiring would be nice from all RANDIs as well. It was already getting incredibly annoying when smali did it on his own but this is much worse.

What aggressive posting and Gambhiring??

Burgey

Come on mate, the gambhiring has been strong in you this match. Can't say you've been aggressive with it though, unless I missed something.

Which I doubt, because unlike Matthew Wade, I miss nothing.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Man I did say this might be like the 2004 series but God plz don let this be the Chennai test of that series when we were in with a better chance of winning and lost the last day to rain. 240 to get 10 wickets in hand pitch reasonable for both sides and we had ****ing rain from nowhere on the last day. :(

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Come on mate, the gambhiring has been strong in you this match. Can't say you've been aggressive with it though, unless I missed something.

Which I doubt, because unlike Matthew Wade, I miss nothing.

Lesson 1 of Gambhiring is that you do not admit it till the purpose is achieved. Not that I m doing it here or anything. I juz do not trust this batting line up to not collapse. They have collapsed in a heap in every batting inning so far this series. I am going by the odds. : )

Tangles

Any lead over 200 is going to be very tough to chase. Even 180 you can bowl at. Under that and I'd back Warner to do some early damage. Thing is I think to chase the top 3 have to get the runs. I have no confidence in the rest in a pressure situation.

Burgey

Lesson 1 of Gambhiring is that you do not admit it till the purpose is achieved. Not that I m doing it here or anything. I juz do not trust this batting line up to not collapse. They have collapsed in a heap in every batting inning so far this series. I am going by the odds. : )
Fair enough, but in all honesty it's going to be ****ing ****** if India builds a lead of 280-300 and there's pricks on here going "Warner'll knock this off in a session and a half, we're gonna lose, I can't watch etc etc." It's just ********* posting from people who, Shri aside, actually have decent insight into the cricket.

Not an India-specific criticism btw.