• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
I have always maintained that no team should play more than 3 tests in India. Everyone knows it's going to be another 4-0 drubbing of Australia. It will be one of the best stories in World Cricket if Australia manages to win the test series there. Fact is Australia cannot play spin.

91Jmay

International Coach
I have always maintained that no team should play more than 3 tests in India. Everyone knows it's going to be another 4-0 drubbing of Australia. It will be one of the best stories in World Cricket if Australia manages to win the test series there. Fact is Australia cannot play spin.
Have you? You should have mentioned it sometime.

Compton

International Debutant
I wouldn't pick Khawaja either but we've seen what high ceiling Maxwell can do in India in Tests.
He bowled pretty well, and batted poorly being shunted around the order. I'm not sure three tests really works as a sample size, either...

Julian87

State Captain
Mitch Marsh will come back in won't he considering he was one of the only non-disasters in Sri Lanka?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Renshaw should sweep as much as he wants with two caveats. If he a) doesn't miss the ball and b) doesn't hit it in the air.

Gnske

Renshaw should sweep as much as he wants with two caveats. If he a) doesn't miss the ball and b) doesn't hit it in the air.
Well hey I hope this master-plan works but unfortunately I still have feverish nightmares from the avant garde approach we took to the sweep shot in the 2013 series.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Steve Waugh is a man I respect immensely, but his unwavering love for all things Darsh has remained unabated since the latter made a ton as a teenager against NSW in a Shield match at Newcastle. Now he's calling for him to open with Warner in India.

Starfighter

That also implies Khawaja playing, even though his chance of scoring runs on this tour is best described as 'minimal'.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Warner must be spewing that they've put up that thing on social media of him leaving a ball and getting bowled by Swepson.

"Hey, lets pump up the young fella and get this out to the world!"

"Thanks for showing me leave a ball outside off that hit my leg stump, guys".

Compton

International Debutant
Warner is a funny one re: playing spin.

I always think he looks supremely comfortable right up to the ball that he horrendously misjudges and hoops up into the air.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
I don't see how Australia can be any different to England, New Zealand and Bangladesh in these conditions. They may have some world class bats, but their spin options still look bleak. 3 tests should've been the max.