• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It happens all the time in every cricket playing nation
lol nope

conditions you can't control are fine, but actually going out of your way to hamper a touring side's practice through pitch preparation is unthinkably wrong IMO. I would be disgusted and embarrassed if Australia did it for example.

Last edited:

Compton

International Debutant
I'm always a fan of dropping Mitch Marsh, but in this scenario retaining him is the right call.

He didn't bat all that badly in the first test, and they'll need his bowling if this turns out to be a road.

Daemon

lol nope

conditions you can't control are fine, but actually going out of your way to hamper a touring side's practice through pitch preparation is unthinkably wrong IMO. I would be disgusted and embarrassed if Australia did it for example.
:laugh: 503/1 maybe?

OverratedSanity

Tbh, if I was an Australian cricket fan I'd be disgusted and embarrassed regardless just by virtue of being an Australian cricket fan.

TheJediBrah

Additionally if someone was proven to have done that, deliberately impaired a touring side's practice they should be punished. Heavily.

:laugh: 503/1 maybe?
You think that's somehow relevant? That a pitch of a certain type was prepared deliberately to impair New Zealand's preparation?

You're smarter than that

Compton

International Debutant
I really don't care about how practice pitches are produced. It's not the host's responsibility to ensure that the visitors are ready to play.

It's a little petty, but punishing for it would be ridiculous.

TheJediBrah

I really don't care about how practice pitches are produced. It's not the host's responsibility to ensure that the visitors are ready to play.

maybe, the shame of doing it would be punishment enough

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol nope

You should be... They, along with India and England, were amongst the pioneers of giving under strength opposition and unnatural pitches as prep for touring sides.

TheJediBrah

You should be... They, along with India and England, were amongst the pioneers of giving under strength opposition and unnatural pitches as prep for touring sides.
How long ago? Under-strength isn't really the same thing, it happens all the time for completely different reasons than a deliberate attempt to disrupt the opposition. I'd be very disappointed if Australia went ahead and deliberately prepared a slow-low wicket as practice game next time Sri Lanka or India toured then sent them in to the first test at the Gabba.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member

Maybe not but it's a pretty poor attitude. A competitive and interesting series should be in the best interests of everyone

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dont mind it if the touring side does not ask for stuff specifically. But if the touring sides wants to practice on certain type of wickets and wants to have the practice game in certain place etc. and it is being denied for the reason of ensuring they remain under prepared for the series, then it is an issue. But if a touring side does not make the effort to hash out the kind of warm ups they want before the series starts, then screw them with such conditions and opposition by all means.

Spark

Global Moderator
How long ago? Under-strength isn't really the same thing, it happens all the time for completely different reasons than a deliberate attempt to disrupt the opposition. I'd be very disappointed if Australia went ahead and deliberately prepared a slow-low wicket as practice game next time Sri Lanka or India toured then sent them in to the first test at the Gabba.
Is this not exactly what happened to NZ?