• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

howardj

International Coach
Well last time I checked Doherty has taken 2 FC wickets this summer at 80 odd and can't get a run for Tassie. , you're selling Lyon massively short if you think he's been as bad as Doherty in long form cricket.

I'd still prefer him to play in the side ahead of Maxwell mind you.
You had me nodding until the last sentence

Doherty has got nothing

2 ****ing FC wickets

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ric Finlay ‏@RicFinlay

Best av SS from 2007 min 20 wkts: O'Keeke 29.11 Doherty 29.45 Voges 30.2, North 33.29 Maxwell 33.72 McGain 34.56 Haurtz 36.4 Beer 37 Holl 42

Casson 43.31 Boyce 46.45 SSmith 50.45 CWhite 51.4 Krejza 52.1 O'Brien 53.07 LYON 53.25 Cullen 59.54 CBailey 64.6 CSimpson 70.45

we're just picking the team on form

Burgey

In what post did I say Doherty is as good a long form bowler as Lyon? If you think Lyon's last game was anything but a horrible failure then I just don't...
Course it wasn't a good game for him. Don't recall saying he bowled a Laker-like spell. The standard false equivalence from you kicks in. The suggestions is Doherty will replace Lyon in the team today. If that comes to pass I reckon it's the wrong call. If they played side by side I could understand it better.

benchmark00

Course it wasn't a good game for him. Don't recall saying he bowled a Laker-like spell. The standard false equivalence from you kicks in. The suggestions is Doherty will replace Lyon in the team today. If that comes to pass I reckon it's the wrong call. If they played side by side I could understand it better.
Read my post again ffs. What are you even going on about.

Spikey

have you forgotten the 2 tests he played? he is rubbish
i guess the flipside is have you seen Lyon play lately? He actually has to bowl and take wickets before the kiwi tail of Tim Southee, Doug Bracewell, Trent Boult and Chris Martin are in

dermo

International Vice-Captain
word has it that upon hearing the news of maxwell's selection james brayshaw broke
into a furious fit of masturbation

ajdude

International Coach
You had me nodding until the last sentence

Doherty has got nothing

2 ****ing FC wickets
vic v tas - one innings, 19-7-51-1
tas v sa - one innings, 7-2-15-1
tas v qld - one innings, 8-1-44-0 (in the same match hauritz only bowled in one innings for 13-1-30-0)
tas v WA - one innings, 19-4-50-0 (bird/butterworth were dominating)

i think his record this season's been a bit overstated, the circumstances don't exactly help

benchmark00

**** me, are you ****s blind or something?

If you can find a post where I said Doherty is a good long form bowler, please quote it.

In fact, if you can find a post which says I think Doherty should play, quote that too.

Spikey

i mean, there's no doubt lyon is better than doherty in form. but he isn't in form. so. nathan lyon is actually one of the only spinners to have performed worse doherty in the shield this season

benchmark00

vic v tas - one innings, 19-7-51-1
tas v sa - one innings, 7-2-15-1
tas v qld - one innings, 8-1-44-0 (in the same match hauritz only bowled in one innings for 13-1-30-0)
tas v WA - one innings, 19-4-50-0 (bird/butterworth were dominating)

i think his record this season's been a bit overstated, the circumstances don't exactly help
Exactly, Lyon is averaging 70+ in the shield this year iirc. People don't understand how **** Lyon has bowled this season.

Spikey

doherty:

4 games, 53 overs 2/160, av. 80, eco. rate of 3.01

lyon

5 games, 132.1 overs, 7/500, av. of 71.42, eco.rate of 3.78

ajdude

International Coach
i'm not all that fussed about the doherty selection, don't reckon he'd do any worse than lyon, but it's maxwell's selection that we should care about

benchmark00

i'm not all that fussed about the doherty selection, don't reckon he'd do any worse than lyon, but it's maxwell's selection that we should care about
Awta. That's the absolute real travesty.

Doherty isn't really playing though is he?

Spikey

DOHERTY PLAYS

Cricket Australia ‏@CricketAus

Toss: Aus to bat Warner Cowan Hughes Watson Clarke (c) Wade (wk) Henriques Maxwell (debut) Siddle Pattinson Doherty 12. Smith #INDvAUS