• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I wouldn't mind that - Tremlett is about 6ft 9in or something, if anyone can put the fear of God into the Aussie batsmen even before they face him it should be him. If any of the bowlers aren't firing, I'd not hesitate to put him in. If Hayden thinks he can take him on and win - let him try.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Just a point of interest here.

MSN Today (little popup thing you get when you log on to MSN Messenger) has as today's poll question: "Will Australia retain the Ashes in a whitewash over England?" Results so far? 21635 for yes, 9191 for no. :D

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
FaaipDeOiad said:
Just a point of interest here.

MSN Today (little popup thing you get when you log on to MSN Messenger) has as today's poll question: "Will Australia retain the Ashes in a whitewash over England?" Results so far? 21635 for yes, 9191 for no. :D
That including 18,000 Yanks and vikings who haven't a clue? :p

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Bringing the 20/20 discussion back over here as andy suggested.

Also a big surprised to see England leave out Simon Jones for Lewis, given that Jones has looked in good touch recently.

tooextracool

International Coach
marc71178 said:
And looking at that scorecard, it amazes me England beat Australia when they were fielding Key, Crawley and Dawson!
crawley who despite everyone writing him off at the start of the series(because of past performances vs australia), ended up averaging 40.50 during the series?
maybe the player you were looking for was hoggard, who took being abysmal in a series to a whole new level. throw in trescothick and you have a good pair.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Mmm yeah well I had this great idea of watching on Foxtel while listening on the Beeb... the five-second delay between image and sound means it's not going to work out though. :(

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Adamc said:
Mmm yeah well I had this great idea of watching on Foxtel while listening on the Beeb... the five-second delay between image and sound means it's not going to work out though. :(
im on cricinfo, you f***in ungrateful b******. :p:p

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Gem of a first over from Lee there, aside from the no-ball to finish. Absolutely bamboozled Trescothick with the 5th ball, and knocked him down with the 6th.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
tooextracool said:
so how long before geraint jones gets out playing his fancied pull shot to square leg?
I thought he just did, forgot about the free hit business though.

andyc

Adamc said:
Haha, not a great deal of coverage in China I take it. Goodbye Mr Jones. Or not...
lol yeah, none at all. makes me half-glad im moving back in time for the ashes

tooextracool

International Coach
tooextracool said:
so how long before geraint jones gets out playing his fancied pull shot to square leg?
0.6 Lee to Jones, two runs, FREE HIT: short ball, pulled away high in
the air, Hussey takes the catch at square leg as the batsmen
complete a couple

close enough.

andyc

great. cricinfo has gone back in time from overs of: 1.1, 1.0, 0.5... dont do this to me now!!

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
great. cricinfo has gone back in time from overs of: 1.1, 1.0, 0.5... dont do this to me now!!
Is the BBC blocked in China? If not, you could listen to their online coverage...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
First convincing shots there. Jones flicks Lee for a boundary off his pads, then belts it straight at Lee and just about kills him and it goes for four.