• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England 2018

Who will win the ODI series?

• England

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Australia

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
lol how long ago do you think they played? It's not like they haven't played since the 90s, ODI cricket wasn't that much different 4-5 years ago when they were regulars
In fact, I just checked - ODI cricket was slightly more high-scoring in 2015 (when Anderson-Broad played) versus 2017. I think it's due to the extra one fielder being allowed in last 10 overs.

Borges

International Regular
Barmies dressed up as sandpaper. You've heard it here first chaps.
This is bad. Guys, please realise this: for once, here is an Australian captain that I don't actually despise.

Before him, you would have to go back to Mark Taylor; and before that back in history to the the predecessors of the lesser AB.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is bad. Guys, please realise this: for once, here is an Australian captain that I don't actually despise.

Before him, you would have to go back to Mark Taylor; and before that back in history to the the predecessors of the lesser AB.
Sure, feel free to direct the invective at Langer instead.

Flem274*

123/5
its not often i read so much for so little. thrilling way to spend a wednesday night.
And yet, you're the one who is keen to go past the content of posts and get personal with posters.

So what is self awareness if you're going to get personal with your opponent and talk about their lack thereof or otherwise?

Have a think about it.

I don't go personally after posters. It's not my style. It's not logical. I prefer logic and their factual content.

I don't deal in ad hominems. I don't need to. I don't want to.

So talk about my self awareness all you like.
this is actually what i'd imagine a passively angry (as opposed to openly) blocky to post like

you're the beta-blocky

Mr Miyagi

Banned
its not often i read so much for so little. thrilling way to spend a wednesday night.

this is actually what i'd imagine a passively angry (as opposed to openly) blocky to post like

you're the beta-blocky
Passive aggressive? No, that's direct, candid and unemotional. I meant every word I said. There's no psychology at play.

But answer me this, do you think everyone wants to read your post discussing me?

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
The only good thing about long bad posts is that it is easier to scroll past them with the mouse. The sound that the mouse wheel makes is kinda soothing when its a long drag.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The only good thing about long bad posts is that it is easier to scroll past them with the mouse. The sound that the mouse wheel makes is kinda soothing when its a long drag.
Soothing as this might be, this just isn't true at all is it?

Mr Miyagi

Banned
This is an interesting point.

What does the word "atmosphere" mean to you personally? What are its nuances?
It's like the vibe of a place.

If I wanted to get technical, it's like 'warm fuzzies' as against 'cold pricklies'.

Specifically scientific I know. :P

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's like the vibe of a place.
Yes but what does that really mean?

I suppose what I am driving at is that although definitions of "atmosphere" tend to nominally include a place's physical environment, much research has emphasized the social construction of sense of atmosphere and neglect the potentially important contributions of the physical environment to atmospheric meanings and attachment. How this then transpires into online/digital environments is a interesting issue.

Would be good to have your thoughts on that.