• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Bangladesh 2017

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think he fears the pace and bounce in South Africa - like he'll get found out over there and his status as number 1 all rounder will be in doubt.
He's ahead of his time. Refuse to play away, play most of your games at home and end up with awesome stats

clever

Unless the bloke has something going on in his personal life. If so then I wish him all the best.
well said. We joke but mental health is a serious issue.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol @ all the salt about Shakib.
Salt? I think it's disappointment. Without him Bangladesh aren't even going to be competitive and I'd be surprised with anything less than two innings defeats.

Remember that they only beat Australia in the first test by a small margin and only with Shakib having a blinder and at home. To be competitive in South Africa they needed Shakib at his absolute best. This is why it's puzzling.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it really puts into perspective that priorities of certain fans and the players/boards really don't match up. We go on about how BD get such a small no. Tests and how it's unfair on them, other countries disrespecting them etc, but then this sort of thing shows that their own star player doesn't even want to play all the few Tests they have.

If they don't care about playing Tests why are we worrying about not giving them more to play?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There is one more aspect though.. With any LO game, you get some kind of recovery time but with tests, you gotta go back out there the next day. And there is a sheer number of overs you will have to bowl anyways. I am assuming he does not want to play as a batsman and bowl very little. If that is the case, it makes sense to an extent.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, tbf to Shakib picking Tests to have a rest from, his workload is huge. Bowls about 40 overs per Test on average and is also the second best bat in the side. Even if you're only playing a handful of games, that's pretty massive.

I'd rather see him Vettori it up (bat at 7, hand over the bowling to Mehedi and Taijul) for a while than step away entirely but, if push comes to shove in a tight game, can he really hang back like that?

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Yeah, tbf to Shakib picking Tests to have a rest from, his workload is huge. Bowls about 40 overs per Test on average and is also the second best bat in the side. Even if you're only playing a handful of games, that's pretty massive.

I'd rather see him Vettori it up (bat at 7, hand over the bowling to Mehedi and Taijul) for a while than step away entirely but, if push comes to shove in a tight game, can he really hang back like that?
Just wants to make sure he ends up with GOAT all rounder averages.

Pretty poor to sitting out from a big series when Banglas are on the up. It's not like they play much test cricket.

Moeen Ali has nearly played as many games in 3 years(albeit shakib has spent a lot more time on the field but spread out over 10 years)

cnerd123

likes this
It's emotionally stressful too. The GOAT from his country. They're all obviously looking at him in tense situations.

It must be hard to NGAF when everyone has all these expectations of you.

Gnske

The stress of playing 20 days of red ball international cricket a year weighs heavy on a man's soul

mr_mister

so Mossadek not even named in the upcoming squad. Shabbir and Sarkar still in the side. Nasir gone.

Is Mossadek still injured?