• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Bangladesh 2017

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If they play one competitive test out of the 2 they're likely to get (like on their NZ tour last year) in Aus/Eng/SA, it will be a decent result for Bangladesh.

Daemon

More arrogant and vitriolic bile from everyone's least favourite former Tasmanian seam bowler

He seems to be suggesting that it would only cost $14,000 to take the whole team to Dubai for a pre tour training camp, what an utterly absurd assumption to make.
Does he plan on anything actually happening at this camp, or any hotels, or does he literally assume that the only costs involved are flights
I wanted to defend him saying it may have been worded poorly and meant 14k per person but..it's hard to read that from this

The cost of the trip would have been from his own pocket. But sometimes you just gotta cough it up when your image, messaging, pride in performance and the very fabric of your human qualities are all being questioned through planned and targeted strategy from your employer.

A Test match payment is $14,000 — surely as a tax write-off you could justify one Test match payment to maintain a professional approach to preparation?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Pakistan got a very impressive result in England last year. None of the other Asian sides have managed that. Their other tours outside Asia (bar WI) have been washouts, admittedly.

I guess you could say Bangladesh were better in NZ than Pakistan on their last tours respectively, but they also got friendlier conditions.

Didn't SL beat England in England? Or they have already toured there again post that and got spanked?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Work harder then you lazy bum, don't be a disgrace to the workforce of the nation.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
[/B]

I really don't think it will
Yeah I dont see how batsmen will come to terms with Vern, Rabada and Morkel. I reckon this will be our worst tour. We havent played in seaming conditions for a while now and totally expecting those type of pitches there. In NZ, pitches were not quite seam friendly and more on flatter side.

Daemon

Weird. He says he's available for the LO games.

I suppose it's ok for him to miss the SA tests since they probably have a 5% chance of winning those anyways.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Perfect for Mossadek to slot into the top 6 now
Shakib will need to be replaced by an actual bowler, using their current balance as a starting point.

Mosaddek will probably still be coming in (only missed out here due to injury), but more likely for one of your favourite players or Kayes.

mr_mister

Shakib will need to be replaced by an actual bowler, using their current balance as a starting point.

Mosaddek will probably still be coming in (only missed out here due to injury), but more likely for one of your favourite players or Kayes.

surely Kayes then. Shabbir's 66 must have bought him a lifeline

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Weird that he wants the break from tests than ODIs. How many tests do they have lined up anyways? Or perhaps Shakib wants to ensure he plays LOs as BD might be ranked lower for the WC? Have BD automatically qualiffied for the main draw of the WC?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Weird that he wants the break from tests than ODIs. How many tests do they have lined up anyways? Or perhaps Shakib wants to ensure he plays LOs as BD might be ranked lower for the WC? Have BD automatically qualiffied for the main draw of the WC?
He'd miss four (two against South Africa, two against Sri Lanka) if he got his break. It'd be a real shame for him to not play against SL IMO.

TheJediBrah

Shakib taking a break from Tests? That seems crazy, they already don't play enough of them.

Skip the meaningless ODIs and T20s

Must have been really traumatised after the Aussies slapped him around and Lyon tormented him in the last Test

stephen

Shakib taking a break from Tests? That seems crazy, they already don't play enough of them.

Skip the meaningless ODIs and T20s

Must have been really traumatised after the Aussies slapped him around and Lyon tormented him in the last Test
I think he fears the pace and bounce in South Africa - like he'll get found out over there and his status as number 1 all rounder will be in doubt.

stephen

Unless the bloke has something going on in his personal life. If so then I wish him all the best.