• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Bangladesh 2017

cnerd123

likes this
BD showed when they toured NZ that even if they lose, they're at least going to be entertaining, and that they will draw a good crowd at the gate (thanks to Bangladeshi migrants around the world).

TV deals are ****ed up and killing cricket tho.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's hard to imagine when/how BD will tour Australia unless it's another one of those "Top-End" series over the winter.

Either that or Aus might be willing to consider playing more Home tests, which is definitely an option because they never play more than 6 in a season (2 teams touring) and often fewer (only 5 tests when England tour and nothing else), also only 4 Tests against India in 2015 because of the WC.

Compare that to England who play more Home tests almost every season. Aus could have 2 tests v Ban before another 4-5 tests against other teams.

Burgey

It'd be a good warm up too. Each test would last no more than 3.5 days so the boys could get a bit of extra R&R between matches.

TheJediBrah

It'd be a good warm up too. Each test would last no more than 3.5 days so the boys could get a bit of extra R&R between matches.
Pretty sure that's what England have been doing for the last 15-20 years whenever Zimbabwe or Bang tour them. 2 easy tests to Start the summer and warm the team up before a big series.

vcs

Yeah, I would expect Bangladesh to get spanked thoroughly if they toured Australia. But we do need to see more of them playing in unfamiliar conditions, that's the only way they will get better, given that they have proven they can compete with most teams at home.

TheJediBrah

Yeah, I would expect Bangladesh to get spanked thoroughly if they toured Australia. But we do need to see more of them playing in unfamiliar conditions, that's the only way they will get better, given that they have proven they can compete with most teams at home.
Yeah but the same could be said for Pakistan, Sri Lanka and even India lately. Aus don't tour Asia well and vice versa. But it is kind of worrying that BD seem mostly just to be focussing on playing at home and not caring too much about touring in unfamiliar conditions. Emphasis on the word seem.

cnerd123

likes this
I think BD want to tour its just that no one wants to host them

They've got Tests in SA coming up tho, that should be fun

vcs

Pakistan got a very impressive result in England last year. None of the other Asian sides have managed that. Their other tours outside Asia (bar WI) have been washouts, admittedly.

I guess you could say Bangladesh were better in NZ than Pakistan on their last tours respectively, but they also got friendlier conditions.

TheJediBrah

Pakistan got a very impressive result in England last year. None of the other Asian sides have managed that. Their other tours outside Asia (bar WI) have been washouts, admittedly.

I guess you could say Bangladesh were better in NZ than Pakistan on their last tours respectively, but they also got friendlier conditions.
Pak went to Aus a year after their tour to Eng and looked very ordinary

cnerd123

likes this
[/B]

I really don't think it will
Depends which BD shows up

I want to be optimistic and say Fizz will look good on SA pitches, the batsmen will cross 400 a couple of times, and BD remain competitive in the games all the way through. This SA batting lineup is very disciplined and workman like, which is good for BD because it means there is a chance for them to keep them to a low score, but also bad for BD because if they go missing with the ball they will conceded a lot of runs.

The SA bowling vs BD batting could also end very badly if they don't knuckle down and are willing to bat dirty.

Burgey

Depends which BD shows up

I want to be optimistic and say Fizz will look good on SA pitches, the batsmen will cross 400 a couple of times, and BD remain competitive in the games all the way through. This SA batting lineup is very disciplined and workman like, which is good for BD because it means there is a chance for them to keep them to a low score, but also bad for BD because if they go missing with the ball they will conceded a lot of runs.

The SA bowling vs BD batting could also end very badly if they don't knuckle down and are willing to bat dirty.
Fizz is too funky. He tries too many variations too often. He needs to consistently hit good areas and use variations sparingly. He's a good talent, but if he tries to be too funky he'll end up on the scrap heap of other promising subcontinental quicks who've blazed like a sky rocket across the heavens, only for a burned out stick to fall back to earth.