• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia 'A' in Pakistan

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Pakistan A squad:
1 Misbah-ul-Haq (capt)
2 Salman Butt
3 Yasir Hameed
4 Shoaib Malik (!!)
, 5 Bazid Khan
6 Asim Kamal
7 Zulqarnain Haider (wk)
8 Imran Tahir
9 Muhammad Sami
10 Muhammad Asif
11 Umar Gul (yay)
12 Asher Zaidi
13 Yasir Arafat
14 Faisal Iqbal
15 Muhammad Irshad.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/218169.html

Pretty strong, innit?
oh yes the introduction of those 6 test players makes it look even stronger, should be a keenly fought A series cant wait.....

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mister Wright said:
Is it the same Sami though? I thought the one that toured Aus was Mohammad, the player in the list posted by Aussie is Muhammad. Could just be a typo, or with the amount of similar names in Pakistan could be a different player.
Just a typo.

That is a ridiculously strong team, especially at home. Will take some beating.

Shahid_afridi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
sami is going to blow the aussies away.and it will also be good for him becuase he(and the other 6 test playas) are going to have a bit of match practice for the england series

ihr stinkt

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Shahid_afridi said:
sami is going to blow the aussies away.and it will also be good for him becuase he(and the other 6 test playas) are going to have a bit of match practice for the england series

ihr stinkt
your funny, in that case i'll say Huseey will smash the pakistani's everywhere.... :p

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
the first game is later today & its not on cricinfo's list of forthcoming coverage of matches :-O , shocking.....

Beleg

International Regular
The purpose of including Sami, Kamal, Malik, Hameed and Butt is to provide them with some much-needed practise before the England test series against a relatively quality team.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
looking at the side Aus A are playing presently & with Tait joining up with the squad after this test, for the 4-day games Aus A best XI in my view

Hussey
Jaques
Hodge
Thornely
Watson
Haddin
White
Bracken
Cullen
Tait
Johnson or Lewis

Now that Johnson is their i think he should be given more of a chance to play or Clark or Lewis because he is more likely to play for Australia in the future that either of them.

Aslo even though i agree with the idea of having both White & Cullen since Australia are looking for a good successor in the spin bowling department when Warne goes, that in the sense with decrease the amount of bowling Watson does, i feel he could be given more responsibilty with the ball because in state cricket & in CC this season Maher & Udal seem to bring him on after all options are used up which i think is the wrong. In that case i think either White or Cullen could be dropped, North could come in thus giving Watson some more responsibility with the ball.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Wow! 5 whole runs....what's your point?
Just that's it's weird to go "LOL @ Thornley!" as if he did something remarkable when he just made a low score like several other batsmen.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie said:
looking at the side Aus A are playing presently & with Tait joining up with the squad after this test, for the 4-day games Aus A best XI in my view

Hussey
Jaques
Hodge
Thornely
Watson
Haddin
White
Bracken
Cullen
Tait
Johnson or Lewis

Now that Johnson is their i think he should be given more of a chance to play or Clark or Lewis because he is more likely to play for Australia in the future that either of them.

Aslo even though i agree with the idea of having both White & Cullen since Australia are looking for a good successor in the spin bowling department when Warne goes, that in the sense with decrease the amount of bowling Watson does, i feel he could be given more responsibilty with the ball because in state cricket & in CC this season Maher & Udal seem to bring him on after all options are used up which i think is the wrong. In that case i think either White or Cullen could be dropped, North could come in thus giving Watson some more responsibility with the ball.
You're wrong about Watson. He bowls first change in one dayers for Qld and is usually 2nd change for the Pura Cup.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
Just that's it's weird to go "LOL @ Thornley!" as if he did something remarkable when he just made a low score like several other batsmen.
It is because if he makes double figures at all in this series I will be very surprised. He has to be the worst batsman ever selected for an Australian A side. Jaques is really the only true quality batsman in the squad.