• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia A in New Zealand 2022/23

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricinfo can be pretty terrible with that sort of stuff. Even here in Australia, Bryce Street was playing FC cricket for a good couple of years before he got a proper profile there

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Good day for Aus A. Jewell played well, but in a typically Caleb Jewell sort of way where he looked pretty streaky at times early doors but when he did connect it usually went to the boundary, definitely more fluent late in the day though.

Longish tail so these two and Pierson will be critical to try and build a good lead tomorrow

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Cricinfo can be pretty terrible with that sort of stuff. Even here in Australia, Bryce Street was playing FC cricket for a good couple of years before he got a proper profile there
They didn't know what he bowled until he'd taken like 15 5fas in grade cricket, not to mention FC wickets. Updated now.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
They didn't know what he bowled until he'd taken like 15 5fas in grade cricket, not to mention FC wickets. Updated now.
Yeah Street genuinely bowls a **** ton of overs (and generally pretty effectively to) in Brisbane grade, definitely surprised me even when I first found out but completely true

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty annoying but utterly predictable to read that article on the CA site quoting the Aus A coach Voges saying the candidates to replace Warner are Bancroft, Harris and Renshaw, with not a single hat tip to any younger blokes on the scene. So ****ing typical.

the big bambino

International Captain
Young, plenty of talent with bat and ball (more so bat), son of Azhar Abbas who played for Auckland/Wellington + Pakistani sides and um....was liberal with his adherence to certain laws around bowling with a straight arm, and er, not gouging the crap out of the ball to get it hooping.
Will have to keep an eye on him. :ph34r:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently cricket Australia have decided to use the off-season to make their site much more hideous.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Less functional too - it might be my ninety-six year-old computer, but when I open the video for a wicket, I can't close it again.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
In any collapse someone has to be singled out for a particularly **** shot, so that's Solia today. Horrible waft from an opener (even if he's still very much a makeshift opener) when he and Bruce were putting together a partnership. Clarkson a close second for awfulness.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
One for the NZ stats mavens: When Tom Bruce surpasses 5000 first-class runs at his 48 or 49 average and remains uncapped as a Test player, who would be the Kiwi with the next best average in that category (to score his first 5000 and earn no Test caps).

I'm not trying to suggest Bruce should get the nod over Glenn Phillips and appear in a Test in the next 2-3 years. I just want that piece of trivia for later. All players (Bruce, Hay, any more) who reached 5000 at 40+ uncapped.

Last edited:

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Pretty annoying but utterly predictable to read that article on the CA site quoting the Aus A coach Voges saying the candidates to replace Warner are Bancroft, Harris and Renshaw, with not a single hat tip to any younger blokes on the scene. So ****ing typical.
You need Gary Stead to really finish the job off.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Generally I am not a big fan of going too heavy on youth (the opposite of GSteadism is GChappellism, which is far worse imo) but the younger guys really should be more in the selectors thoughts than Harris or Bancroft for sure. Jewell and Ward, along with Hunt and Street outside this squad are the guys who are more realistic futute test options, all around the 25-26 age range so it's not like they are foetuses straight out of U19s