• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia A in New Zealand 2022/23

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
IIRC in Noffke's case it was more his bowling that pretty much fizzled out after he moved to WA, while you are right about his golden run with bat being not super long, he was out of First Class cricket completely a couple of years later

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Ashton Turner is just the white ball version of B.J watling, and no one can convince me otherwise. His performance seems to be inversely correlated with the team's overall position in the match when he walks out to bat. If Australia wants to win the WC, all they simply need to do is invest in cryogenics and freeze turner in a pod until it's his turn to bat and have Andrew Mcdonald hit him with the classic "Where 3-20 mate" every time he walks out to bat.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sandhu is a talented cricketer who hasn’t fulfilled his potential IMO

Would have liked to see him develop his offies as he was better than a part timer & could have been a Funky Miller type cricketer

Allegedly not the hardest worker though

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
IIRC in Noffke's case it was more his bowling that pretty much fizzled out after he moved to WA, while you are right about his golden run with bat being not super long, he was out of First Class cricket completely a couple of years later
I don't remember much about Noffke's fade away but I recall him going from a handy tail-ender to a 50 averaging no. 6 or 7 for Queensland one year, and it coinciding with a peak in his bowling form as well. Reminds me a bit of Sutherland last season, although Noffke was a lot older which is a good sign for Sutherland that maybe he just kicking on well
Michael Rae looks a bit better than his domestic results so while he's a surprise choice imo glad it sounds like he went well.
First I've seen of him and he looks quality. Best bowler on either side for mine. Horrific lid though.

Last edited:

Zinzan

After 39 overs.... O'Rourke once again looking our best with the ball, meanwhile Foxcroft's spin is taking quite the towelling to date...

1694585622006.png

Zinzan

Foxcroft's figures are a lot worse than he actually bowled. Was the best bowler bar o'rourke when Aus where scoring rapidly in the 1st 25 overs.
Thanks for the context, haven't seen a ball. Purely scorecard commentary that was.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Henry "5/3 in the bbl" thornton with 3 wickets in an over. Has to be one of the most feast or famine bowlers in AUS atm. Either tears sides apart or is dog****.

TheJediBrah

Henry "5/3 in the bbl" thornton with 3 wickets in an over. Has to be one of the most feast or famine bowlers in AUS atm. Either tears sides apart or is dog****.
Another one I didn't count in my top 25 seam bowlers in Aus. Where do they all come from

TheJediBrah

Henry Thornton was a weird selection for Australia A too. Never would have thought he'd be on anyones radar as a back-up state bowler. But he's put his name forward here for sure

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Crazy to think he didn't get a FC debut for SA after taking the 5/3 in the 15 a.o with some proper line and length. After 7/39 will surely be playing a full season for the Redbacks.