• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Asia Cup Thread

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pakistan announce their 15 man squad.
Malik
Amin
Akhtar
Farhat
Shahzaib
Shafiq
Butt
Afridi
Rehman
Ajmal
Asif
Aamer
Razzaq
Umar Akmal
Kamran Akmal

AaronK

State Regular
Shoaib malik.. Ughhhhhhhh

I really hope that pakistan lose this.. if they win it.. malik and farhat will continue to be selected in the team..

cricman

International 12th Man
i see no point in flying all the way to SL during the middle of our Eng Tour. Talking bout burnout

Sir Alex

Banned
How does such a mediocre cricketer like Malik continue to be so influential in Pak cricket? It's unbelievable a person like him who is universally regarded as a split maker is rushed to the team while Younis Khan, against whom charges seem to be as flimsy as Martin's batting, is struggling to get a hearing.

Xuhaib

International Coach
How does such a mediocre cricketer like Malik continue to be so influential in Pak cricket? It's unbelievable a person like him who is universally regarded as a split maker is rushed to the team while Younis Khan, against whom charges seem to be as flimsy as Martin's batting, is struggling to get a hearing.
From some reports Sania is quite friendly wtih the PM's son hence the quick return.

AaronK

State Regular
Hope F.Alam meets Sania soon then.
Wasn't he Pakistans best bat in the Australia ODI's?
yes he was... but fawad didn't come good when playing in number 8 in 20/20 world cup...

what a bunch of Jack Asses PCB are..

the guy is a middle order batsman.. he was played in number 8 in 20/20 matches.. that means he barely got any chance to play.. yet he is dropped for not coming good...

I honestly can't understand this selection.. I mean what has Imran farhat done to deserve a ODI shot.. don't even get me started on Shoaib malik...

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
India's squad for the event may be announced today. Hopefully we'll see Ravi Ashwin and Vinay Kumar in the squad, and the XI. Both have played several seasons (Vinay has done five) of domestic cricket, and both look the part, making the team look a more complete unit. Frankly, none of the players from that ill-fated Zimbabwe tour should be brought back, bar these two, and maybe Rohit Sharma. Let's also hope we don't see Munaf Patel and Praveen Kumar brought back- let that be a message- nobody can afford to slacken on the field.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Squad: MS Dhoni (capt & wk), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, Ravindra Jadeja, Harbhajan Singh, Praveen Kumar, Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra, Pragyan Ojha, Ashok Dinda, R Ashwin, Saurabh Tiwary.
"The BCCI, in its media release, stated that Tendulkar wanted to spend time with his children, in view of the hectic schedule ahead."

"Yuvraj has been struggling with a wrist injury and fitness problems in the recent past. Yusuf hasn't been able to replicate his IPL success in international cricket. He has two half-centuries in 37 ODIs, and averaged just 10.50 in the World Twenty20."

I don't agree with Yusuf being dropped, I think he is a very talented player and could mature into a top ODI cricketer. With 44 off 41 in his last innings, I think he can consider himself unlucky. Dinda retained, hopefully on the condition that he no longer overuses that god-awful slower ball of his. Perhaps if the batsman is not picking it, he can bowl it every other ball, but if not, he should not use it as often as he does. Saurabh Tiwary picked after a good IPL and good domestic form is fair enough I guess, but I'd rather see Yusuf in there.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Also happy that Yuvraj was eligible for selection and was passed over. Once the selectors realize that people are not going to riot in the streets over his non-inclusion, the test team hopefully will have a true middle order batsman at #6.

R_D

International Debutant
Tendulkar's decision sure to raise eyebrows particularly if India screws it up
Who gives a **** about Asia cup... waste of time.. Good thing he skipped it.
Very happy about Yuvraj getting dropped... hopefully he'll make a come back like Sehwag.

I still don't undertand ARJUN's obsession with Vinay Kumar..... he doesn't look like a international quality bowler.