• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Afghanistan vs West Indies 2019

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I'm kind of excited about King. He hasn't got any real hype other than maybe on whatever the WI equivalent of PakPassion is called but he's coming off a really good 4-day season on top of dominating the CPL T20, and he looked great today. He was never the chosen one - I think he was left until Round 8 or something of the CPL T20 draft - but it seems like something must've just clicked with his batting. I hope he gets a run in Tests soon too.
He's a talent and is now due a run in the side. I like watching him bat, he's like a cross between Kane Williamson (body language at the crease), Marlon Samuels (inside out shots through cover) and Ramnaresh Sarwan (cut shot is identical, Ronnie is his idol). He will certainly be good to watch.

As SCC1 says, Hety is busy gifting his chances away, so rest him for a little bit.

Beamer

Looking forward to lots of young players getting chances in this T20 series. I don;t really care if we win or lose tbh I just want to see entertaining cricket and young players getting the opportunity they deserve. With that in mind, I'd play:

Evin Lewis
Brandon King
Shimron Hetmeyer
Denesh Ramdin (wk)
Kieron Pollard (c)
Sherfane Rutherford
Fabian Allen
Jason Holder
Hayden Walsh Jr
Sheldon Cotterel
Alzarri Joseph

Subs:

Lendl Simmons
Khary Pierre
Kesrick Williams

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Young players getting the opportunity they deserve.... And Mr yeah viv talk nah himself at number 4? Ha

Edit - sorry thought this was your predicted team not the actual team. Had no idea this was starting tonight

Go Hetmyer

Last edited:

Beamer

I just knew with Pooran gone that they would bat Ramdin at 4. Pollard likes the stability. Personally I would like to see Rutherford and Allen get more responsibility.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just knew with Pooran gone that they would bat Ramdin at 4. Pollard likes the stability. Personally I would like to see Rutherford and Allen get more responsibility.
I know Ramdin can play two roles. In the domestic scene, he was more of a finisher. He can swat it....(Talk nah, Viv)

Sanjay kumar

School Boy/Girl Captain
Afghanistan posted 147 for 7 after 20 overs, four batsmen scored 20's but no one couldn't convert into a big score. 3 for 23 by Williams for West Indies.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Afghanistan posted 147 for 7 after 20 overs, four batsmen scored 20's but no one couldn't convert into a big score. 3 for 23 by Williams for West Indies.
And what about Jason Holder's performance? What do you think of it? Do you think that Hayden Walsh came in too late in the innings?