• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Afghanistan vs West Indies 2019

slippy888

International Captain
I cant imagine a Afghan team without Rashid but on his current form they cant continue to pick him

Last edited:

slippy888

International Captain
Maybe time for Afghanistan to bring back Mohammad Shazad he did inspire team to play better cricket it all gone down hill since they disown him.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And that's the winning run. A whitewash. Let's hope that this result will spark interest in our cricket. Not to be a one-off, but something that is more consistent. We need this in Windies cricket.

trundler

Not to be dismissive but Rashid has had a tough intro to the big boy leagues. I remember someone put him in an AT one day XI. Nothing like a 14 average bowler but still, he's had his moments and there's lots of potential.

Will always remember Nabi's 3 wicket over versus SL though. Getting outshone by Roston Chase must still suck.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
3rd game in a row we have won playing decent, hard working ODI cricket. It makes such a nice change.

I think for our next ODI match King should play ahead of Hety, he looked great at the crease.

SillyCowCorner1

Yeah, Hety's stocks have dropped significantly. While a guy like Chase, whose game is more suited for the longer format, has played this series like he wanted a spot. He's getting picked on merit. Brandon King looks the package deal. Middle order needs strengthening. We have firepower in the lower-order.

vcs

Hope has a really good average. He can definitely improve his SR and learn to accelerate through the innings with some more experience.

With lots of other talented but inconsistent stroke makers in the team, he's definitely a solid asset. Brings keeping as well.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm kind of excited about King. He hasn't got any real hype other than maybe on whatever the WI equivalent of PakPassion is called but he's coming off a really good 4-day season on top of dominating the CPL T20, and he looked great today. He was never the chosen one - I think he was left until Round 8 or something of the CPL T20 draft - but it seems like something must've just clicked with his batting. I hope he gets a run in Tests soon too.