• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at the Sydney Cricket Ground

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Lets make the poms cry.

Warne 'trick and century : Second innings
McGrath 'trick and century: First innings

Slow Love™

International Captain
howardj said:
Geez I love the SCG. Went there for the Test match in 1999 (Aust v Eng). The atmosphere is unique - very intimate. It really feels like a cricket ground.
Never been to the SCG myself (been to the MCG plenty and the GABBA once in '84) but I'd love to go there for a day-nighter. Just from watching on TV, it looks glorious during the sunsets, particularly with the green topped stands. Very pretty ground.

Slow Love™ said:
Never been to the SCG myself (been to the MCG plenty and the GABBA once in '84) but I'd love to go there for a day-nighter. Just from watching on TV, it looks glorious during the sunsets, particularly with the green topped stands. Very pretty ground.
Yeah very nice ground I go every year to the Tests and ODI's and it is just so lovely.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
yea got that feeling as well, even if JL doesn't announce it soon. But its been a super career, especially over the last 5 years or so when he turned his game around in the 2001 Ashes.

I dont get that feeling I just beleive now Hayden has got that century the selectors cant really kick him out and Langer has had an alright series.

pasag

RTDAS
Might be putting my hand up for the Greigy here, but imo, Langer will wait till after the match to announce his retirement in order to not take the spotlight away from McGrath and Warne. He was definitely saying goodbye, the way he was waving to the crowd in Melbourne, I reckon.

I can't wait for the match btw. England will come out firing to try and avoid the whitewash whilst Australia will be trying to enforce it. My prediction is for this to be the match of the series.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
My prediction is for the SCG to be good for the pacers, with overcast conditions.

EDIT: In fact, England have a lot going for them this Test. The ball normally swings around and is good for spinners, smaller boundaries, decent team dynamics, nothing to lose.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Doesn't smaller boundaries mean better for Australia, Hayden, Ponting, Clarke, Symonds, Gilchrist and Warne are all strokemakers.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Pietersen has been unusualy restrained with the 6s this series, compared to the amount he hit last series. But he's scored more runs, so it's ok.

Craig

World Traveller
Read in the paper today that Kevin Pietersen's big mouth inspired Andrew Symonds 156 run knock. Pietersen, according to Matt Hayden, made some remark about Symonds lack of success with the bat in the Test arena and then he used it as a catalyst to take the English bowlers apart.

Onya KP.

Watched the highlights of last years Ashes while play was delayed in the South Africa - India Test, seems like a completely different lifetimecompared to now.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah, because I'm sure no other player has given Symonds stick about his **** record with the bat in tests.

It's just another way for the media to try and break KP so he's not a factor in the CB Series.

Last edited: