• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 4th Test at the Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, 4 - 8 Mar 2021

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Like imagine if you practice spin bowling daily for 20 years but someone says it’s just not cricket when a ball spins on day 1.
A perfectly valid position to hold. You shouldn't have to practice finger spin for 20 years ffs. Just dump it in the rough and hope it does something different every now and then. That's literally all the "skill" is. It's why it's rightly looked down upon as the poor cousin of cricketing skill sets.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This attitude explains why Aus never produced sub 30 averaging off-spinner.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It really doesn't. Last time I checked the physics of spinning a cricket ball haven't changed. He'd likely have made hay on these pitches. And if someone's going to make an unequivocal statement of course I'm going to have a shot.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"It's a lot of sacred cows you have to get rid of..." The quote sums up everything about who gets to make what....unspoken rule???

Like I have stated in a previous post, the mindset coming into a test match should be to dominate. Simple as that. England had the negativity flowing around prior to the first ball being bowled in the 3rd test. Sometimes it's best to ignore all the noise around and play cricket. Put your skills to the test

Arachnodouche

International Captain
"It's a lot of sacred cows you have to get rid of..." The quote sums up everything about who gets to make what....unspoken rule???

Like I have stated in a previous post, the mindset coming into a test match should be to dominate. Simple as that. England had the negativity flowing around prior to the first ball being bowled in the 3rd test. Sometimes it's best to ignore all the noise around and play cricket. Put your skills to the test
The players have been gracious enough in the face of some iffy umpiring tbh. Anyway, assuming the wicket for this match has "predictable" spin, how do England counter Axar? Feels like a very awkward, suffocating bowler to face in these conditions. Hardly gives the ball any air and pings them in from well above six feet and wide of the crease, so coming down the wicket isn't a great option. Since he doesn't turn it a lot, maybe guard against the one that goes straight through by getting the pad out of the way and playing inside the line?