• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Bollocks to you Warne, would have had a nice Christmas there, Collingwood gets a life.

Will probably pick up Strauss now...

Laurrz

International Debutant
i actaully prefered McGrath getting out like that ... weirdly... he got so pumped up when he bowled... and put the anger into the unlucky man who caught him... Cook ;D

tomorrow is gonna be FUN ... hopefully it can be like the Gabba 1st innings.. ball moving around.. McGrath and Clark are the key bowlers... and there will just be pressure ball after pressure ball... i can see the runs drying up for KP and McGrath getting him LBW :agree: but we have to get one of these two out of course!!

i don't think Warne will be effective sadly..never has at the WACA <_< ... will be up to the 3 pacemen and even Symo.... but more so the tall seamers

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Nnanden said:
England, would you like some fries with all that luck?
I think after the amount of injuries we've had to deal with prior to this series, we're probably due a bit of luck during it tbh. Besides, you guys had that Strauss decision at Adelaide which was never, ever out. :p

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
The Mcgrath one today was worse than the Strauss one.

But the look on Mcgrath's face was priceless, first the disdain he looked at the silly point with, then when he looked at the umpire. :lol:

pasag

RTDAS
I think the luck he was referring to was how close Clark was getting.

McGrath will probably be fined for that IMO.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
adharcric said:
Strauss wicket >>>>> McGrath wicket in terms of importance.
guess we'll never know him and Hussey could of put on 100 with Mcgrath contributing 5 of those

adharcric

International Coach
mikeW said:
guess we'll never know him and Hussey could of put on 100 with Mcgrath contributing 5 of those
guess we'll never know monty could've played the first two tests and the series could've been tied 1-1 at this point :)

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
adharcric said:
guess we'll never know monty could've played the first two tests and the series could've been tied 1-1 at this point :)
Except that wasn't the Umpires fault

Matt79

Global Moderator
Wow - what a great day's cricket! Series finally going the way it was meant to and its only taken 11 days of cricket. Great effort by England to knock of the Aussies - I wonder when the last time Australia won the toss, elected to bat and were knocked out for such a low score? Can't think of any time recently.

FANTASTIC effort by Monty. So good to see a young guy come in, and not only live up to the hype but utterly surpass all expectations. I thought he should have played from the first test in lieu of Giles, but now I can see why so many English fans were so very irrate about his exclusion. Absolute champion debut against Australia - 5 wickets for a spinner on the first day of a test???

Great fightback by the Aussie bowlers this evening as well - game is poised to be really interesting from here.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Well Cook wanted a bouncy pitch...got one today..made no difference to his performance this series..

Laurrz

International Debutant
"I wonder when the last time Australia won the toss, elected to bat and were knocked out for such a low score? Can't think of any time recently."

just recently against South Africa at the WACA last year? or did Smith put us in ?