• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at the Sardar Patel Sports Complex, Ahmedabad, 24 - 28 Feb 2021

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah it does have to be said that this pitch looks significantly harder to bat on than the last one. That Chennai deck had extravagant turn and some occasional extra bounce, but it was fairly slow and actually relatively predictable in how it behaved. This is notably unpredictable in that some will turn explosively and some will do basically nothing at all. Obviously though the batting from both sides has been... not the best.
Which was my point yesterday...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One thing Leach has going for him is he tends to err on the full side instead of dragging them down. Still not great but at least you can set a field for it

Shady Slim

International Coach
was giving a pommy mate at work an almighty stir today for england's overnight performance, now he doesn't get to bite back given i'm not due back in to the office until wednesday by which time india will have chased whatever england puts up only three or four down

isn't justice a lovely thing

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Yeah it does have to be said that this pitch looks significantly harder to bat on than the last one. That Chennai deck had extravagant turn and some occasional extra bounce, but it was fairly slow and actually relatively predictable in how it behaved. This is notably unpredictable in that some will turn explosively and some will do basically nothing at all. Obviously though the batting from both sides has been... not the best.
My memories of watching test cricket in India on similar decks, sehwag 110, dravid 170, tendulkar 120, ganguly 80 and total of like 500+ we score 200+ in the first inning, 100+ in the second and lose by an inning and 100 runs. Thank God no more I'm hoping when we visit next.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
On Asian pitches, spinners who can bowl at a quicker pace(whenever required) look so damn effective. That should be one of the criteria when picking spinners for such conditions.