• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2nd Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 13 - 17 Feb 2021

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Heh at the introspection. Given the number posts of yours in first test match thread vs in this thread.
I didn't name anyone so this seems unnecessarily defensive, but I've been here in both threads. Simply though I watched more of the 1st live but I was here posting in the final session yesterday. I mean my overall post count and presence in disaster tour subbies like the 0607 and 1314 Ashes make my point clearly enough.

So pipe down

hazsa19

International Regular
On the contrary, if Eng were chasing 310, I am sure a couple of them would have been given the permission to give it a go like Moeen did.

Indians had to win this match remember.
The bloke scored nearly half of the teams runs striking at 70. Remarkable, wonderful innings that I’ll remember for a long time. Would’ve already forgotten Ashwin if it weren’t for this thread.

And his wickets don’t count because it was a **** pitch.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
I didn't name anyone so this seems unnecessarily defensive, but I've been here in both threads. Simply though I watched more of the 1st live but I was here posting in the final session yesterday. I mean my overall post count and presence in disaster tour subbies like the 0607 and 1314 Ashes make my point clearly enough.

So pipe down
Next time make sure you cover your own base before starting out on such exhortations.

I had my personal reasons which I made clear in another thread why I missed first test.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
The bloke scored nearly half of the teams runs striking at 70. Remarkable, wonderful innings that I’ll remember for a long time. Would’ve already forgotten Ashwin if it weren’t for this thread.

And his wickets don’t count because it was a **** pitch.
OK. So pitch wasn't **** when Ashwin batted ?

Arachnodouche

International Captain
England seriously compromising momentum and productivity in the name of rotation. Laudable as the reasons may be, the board can't continue being so pliable and these highly-compensated "professionals" cannot be perpetually swaddled in cotton wool. You should be chomping at the bit to play for your national team, that's what you've invested your entire life into, one presumes. Sorry, maybe this is a generational-cultural thing, but this is essentially cart-before-horse territory now.

Robbie

U19 12th Man
It sounds like it was planned but unlike the others it wasn't preannounced which makes Moeen look bad.
No way would Root have come and and said that Bess had been dropped but would learn from it blah blah blah if he knew Moeen was going home.

He's decided to jack it in some time during this game. I think Moeen's a great guy and he's played some great cricket for England, but I'm staggered that after 18 months or so of saying he wants to get back into test cricket, he jacks it in after one game, particularly knowing how important he is to the team for the next 2 games. Root and Silverwood have stuck their necks out to drop Bess for him and this is his reward.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Always felt like Woakes was really quite comfortably ahead of Curran, you never really doubt that he is a frontline bowler and his record at home has been excellent for a while now.

The other big difference of course is age, will be interesting to see what happens with Woakes, feels like he could go on to take over well over 250 wickets or not play much more at all. Would have thought they would want him around after Anderson and Broad retire but that will mean he himself will be playing well into his 30s. Then there is his away record, guess they could just play him at home but it seems less feasible without Broad or Anderson. Batting will obviously be a factor as well, especially if Leach is going to be the spinner.
The selectors clearly agreed with you at the start of the 2019 Ashes, but seemed to have changed their minds by the series in SA. Maybe because of Woakes's diminishing returns during the Ashes, but I know that ignore the tests in NZ. And it may be that Woakes was ill or injured for three of the tests there, I really don't remember. If he was, that rather trashes my argument, but there you go. What is unquestionable is that Woakes' performances last summer ended the argument for the time being. Even Curran's left arm variation or ability to 'make things happen' aren't held by many folks nowadays as reasons why he should be in the side.

Obviously Indian cricket fans are swayed by Curran's performances in 2018, when we'd have lost at Edgbaston and Southampton without his lower order runs and, from memory, useful wickets too. But that was then and this is now. I can only repeat what I've said before about Curran needing to play a lot of county cricket to get his game more in order again.

Shri

Mr. Glass

So pipe down
get your ****ing opinions in when the match is live you ****ing ****

-shri doing gimh in maf

wait that didn't come out right

cnerd123

likes this
So what is your team ?
it's fine if you don't feel like posting when India is losing, just don't lie about it. Many posters don't feel like chatting much when their side's getting beat, it's normal. Go through any match/tour thread and you'll generally see either silence, sadness or rage from most of the losing team's supporters.

the fact that you're trying to suggest there are other factors at play is why you keep getting picked on.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
it's fine if you don't feel like posting when India is losing, just don't lie about it. Many posters don't feel like chatting much when their side's getting beat, it's normal. Go through any match/tour thread and you'll generally see either silence, sadness or rage from most of the losing team's supporters.

the fact that you're trying to suggest there are other factors at play is why you keep getting picked on.
I haven't tried to target anyone personally (other than Burgey of course and it's a gag between us and I am quite cool with his responses), but it gets jarring every time this **** thing is brought up against me here in this site.

It's a ****ing cricket Web site and not my day Job to ensure I stay post wise politically correct to be lurking around here all the ****ing time.

So I repeat, what team are you ?

Spark

Global Moderator
You can post whenever you like. But a person who only shows up to gloat about his team doing well and disappears when they're not is as stereotypical a fairweather fan or gloater as they come, and pretty much universally despised in all sporting (and life) discussions.