• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at Adelaide

Compton

International Debutant
Pretty sure most Scottish Premiership teams can pay wages on a par with League Two down south, possibly some in League One.
Most SPL sides have average earners at £800-£1200 p/w. Hearts and Hibs a little higher, Aberdeen higher still, and then the Old Firm obviously a reasonable sum higher.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Think some random Cricinfo commenter has a point here:

chad: "This is what hurts Test Cricket. We can play within the rules until 10.30pm... but unless we get back out before 9.10pm, play is cancelled?? Why not aim for a 9.30pm re-start and get 15 overs in? Absurd."
It does seem to rather defeat the object of playing on after natural daylight has elapsed. But what do we know?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why are we talking about the most useless sport in the world instead of the greatest?

Soccer is slow, frustrating and often ends up with nobody scoring. I don't want my entertainment to remind my of my *** life thank you very much.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well all this rain is a pain in the arse as if it happens early I fall asleep and miss all the play anyway and when it happens late you miss any chance to watch any when you are up at a normal hour.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Why are we talking about the most useless sport in the world instead of the greatest?

Soccer is slow, frustrating and often ends up with nobody scoring. I don't want my entertainment to remind my of my *** life thank you very much.
Epic bantz

Victor Ian

International Coach
Well all this rain is a pain in the arse as if it happens early I fall asleep and miss all the play anyway and when it happens late you miss any chance to watch any when you are up at a normal hour.

More respect for the rain please. It is doing it's best to help England and Root avoid an embarrassing defeat.

TNT

Banned
Think some random Cricinfo commenter has a point here:
chad: "This is what hurts Test Cricket. We can play within the rules until 10.30pm... but unless we get back out before 9.10pm, play is cancelled?? Why not aim for a 9.30pm re-start and get 15 overs in? Absurd."
It does seem to rather defeat the object of playing on after natural daylight has elapsed. But what do we know?
England players cant stay out that late due to the curfew.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
This series so far is fairly typical of a series where the inferior team is competitive for much of a Test and occasionally appears to be on top but ultimately takes a hiding.

Top_Cat

Remember it being actually a lot worse than that. Ther was rain, yes, and taking into account the lights curfew of the day and time remaining before curfew, the scoreboard announced the 22 off 8 balls. So, play on. Then there was activity off the ground, people running onto the field, etc. so the umpires stopped play and dispatched the runner to find out what the exact state of play was which took a while. Eventually 22 off 1 flashed onto the board.

In the time it took to do all of this, they could have just bowled the over.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Remember it being actually a lot worse than that. Ther was rain, yes, and taking into account the lights curfew of the day and time remaining before curfew, the scoreboard announced the 22 off 8 balls. So, play on. Then there was activity off the ground, people running onto the field, etc. so the umpires stopped play and dispatched the runner to find out what the exact state of play was which took a while. Eventually 22 off 1 flashed onto the board.

In the time it took to do all of this, they could have just bowled the over.
Yeah was probably the worst moment for cricket administrators in a world cup ever and was shameful really. Duckworth Lewis might not be great but it has been a million times better than the stupid rain rules that they had in 92.

Top_Cat

Rain rule for that tourney was a joke too, like just made-up ****. How many overs lost and reduce the target by the oppo’s best overs of that number. Worst example was the Oz vs India game where the target chased by India was reduced by only 1 run after losing 3 overs to rain. Can imagine how they felt when they then went down by 1 run....

D-L was a huge leap forward, even with all its flaws.

burr

State Vice-Captain
The character of Pat Cummins is so impressive. Australia have an absolute Keith Miller superstar of world cricket on their hands if he can stay fit.

I feel England have really let all this petty stuff get into their heads. Didn't handle it well between the tests and haven't handled it well this test.

Spark

Global Moderator
The character of Pat Cummins is so impressive. Australia have an absolute Keith Miller superstar of world cricket on their hands if he can stay fit.

I feel England have really let all this petty stuff get into their heads. Didn't handle it well between the tests and haven't handled it well this test.
Yeah, the way they bowled to the tail in particular was completely idiotic. Very obviously just wanted petty revenge for how Australia bowled at Brisbane, completely forgetting that Australia did that because they have the bowlers and know-how to do it properly.

I genuinely don't know why they've gotten in such a horrible mood tbh. Surely nothing that happened in Brisbane was that bad on the scheme of things?

TNT

Banned

england are the victims of bullying so its terribly hard for them.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's got the hair. Perhaps he can bring back the Brylcreem look.

I reckon they should go for the opposite of Anderson's preferred approach and completely ignore all the sledging and other trash. Just don't react.