• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

thierry henry

International Coach
Pretty consistently scoring huge runs while conceding big runs against these minnows. **** bowling or just small grounds + "modern cricket"?

Mike5181

International Captain
We're kind of sneakily building up a lot of legit international standard options in the wider limited overs squads atm. Mitchell, Allen, Chapman, Phillips, M Bracewell. Neesham seems too good in the T20Is to forget about him in ODIs. You've got huge competition for spots now. Fast bowling has been a bit of a miss but admittedly I've never rated Tickner or Duffy. Honestly N Smith should've been picked and Kuggeleiijn despite his indiscretions always looked a much better player than either of them. Hard to say much about Sears because I just haven't seen much of him. Spin bowling you've still got Santner, Sodhi, Rippon, M Bracewell.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
We're kind of sneakily building up a lot of legit international standard options in the wider limited overs squads atm. Mitchell, Allen, Chapman, Phillips, M Bracewell. Neesham seems to good in the T20Is to forget about him in ODIs. You've got huge competition for spots now. Fast bowling has been a bit of a miss but admittedly I've never rated Tickner or Duffy. Honestly N Smith should've been picked and Kuggeleiijn despite his indiscretions always looked a much better player than either of them. Hard to say much about Sears because I just haven't seen much of him. Spin bowling you've still got Santner, Sodhi, Rippon, M Bracewell.
Kuggeleijn, despite popular belief, has had plenty of chances (incl. A tours, not so much ODIs) and has been decidedly average. He's not the future.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yep. I've never seen anything from Kuggeleijn. Reasonably quick, but doesn't do much with the ball from what I've seen. But yeah, Tickner and Duffy aren't much chop either, it seems.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yep. I've never seen anything from Kuggeleijn. Reasonably quick, but doesn't do much with the ball from what I've seen. But yeah, Tickner and Duffy aren't much chop either, it seems.
I can see why Duffy was picked, after a pretty decent domestic record and he has some good basic tools to work with. Good he's had some international experience now, but if we were to get more from him he needs some intensive work with a bowling coach to get some more zip and options to be more effective at international level.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Tickner is a very similar bowler to Kuggeleijn - bit quicker than average which only makes the ball disappear faster to the boundary.

Duffy is bit better - has a good List A record and was doing well last night until his sixth over went for 19. Not that we're short of bowlers like that, but could be an ODI backup for Matt Henry.

Dunno what happened with Ferguson but extremely surprising to see him get pumped like he did here.

Last edited:

thundaboult

International Debutant
wasn't the point of kuggs being given a run was that he can bowl quick plus hit boundaries/score at a decent clip? admittedly, i would have liked to see him get more chances with bat in hand....also think that perhaps he is our most durable 90mph bowler of all time....87 fc games, 88 list A and over a 100 t20 games....i can see nz giving him another run if he has a decent season...there's a lot to work with there....he was average in the intl chances he got plus his performanes in domestics have gone down

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Terrible looking scorecard. Good thing Guppy held it together, Neesham is hitting the ball really well and Ish hit a couple of 6s.
For those who watched it, how did Sears bowl? Great figures. And was Tickner decent? Finally, how did Pringle bowl for the Dutch (great figures too)?

Flem274*

123/5
I think we'll learn a lot more next week.

I've been piling on NZC lately (and they deserve it) but it is good we're keeping the fringe players warm with something.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Glad to see Sears get a good run... probably missed Macewell this game. Can't quite understand why Rippon isn't playing. They played him vs Scotland thereby ending his Dutch career. Maybe if they tried him post world cup he could have played for Dutch in the qualifiers in the world cup. I wish they gave him a reasonable run.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ’s been having a fair few competitive games against the minnows of late. Hopefully signs that they’ve improved?

nzfan

Neesham is quite a come back artist isn't he? Every time they try to cut him, he seems to come back roaring. As hard as they want they can try but the man is here to stay for few years I think.

Socerer 01

Neesham is quite a come back artist isn't he? Every time they try to cut him, he seems to come back roaring. As hard as they want they can try but the man is here to stay for few years I think.
He should be one of the first names in this team. Has that elite mentality that a bunch of these players sorely lack

ashley bach

International Captain
Well who would of thought, Santner a new super star at number 3, nice to have some options for the future.
Much more solid performance today overall, but really it's quite hard to get a good gauge where we really are, despite all the recent cricket played.
Looking forward to West Indies now, that should at least give us some good clues as to how we're really travelling at the moment.