• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2007 NRL Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well Brian Carney could be back at Wigan with Pat Richards at the Titans as part of a swap deal when/if Michael Searle signs off Carney's realease.
thats a actually a very good deal for the titans for mine...

Simon

Not a bad one for Wigan either as Richards was merde over here last year. Does make you wonder about Carney's whole "quitting to go back to uni" thing tho.
A contract isnt worth the paper its written on these days...

or maybe i could come up with some other over used cliche to describe it... give me a few minutes

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Not a bad one for Wigan either as Richards was merde over here last year. Does make you wonder about Carney's whole "quitting to go back to uni" thing tho.
Loads of Saints players manage to fit studying at LJMU around playing for us. Mike Bennett has a degree in chemistry and I'm pretty sure Wilkin and a couple of others have done sports science there. Helps that league's a summer game up here these days.

As for Pat "Can't catch, run, pass, catch, tackle, catch, get over the try line, did I mention catch?" Richards, I bet Uncle Mo would pay anyone to take him off his hands atm. Tried to offload him and Vaealiki all winter.

Last edited:

Simon

It's funny how some players from the NRL just dont work out there, Richards was a very decent player for Tigers and Eels, yet some absolute duds can have long and good careers there after being trash here, e.g Michael Withers...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I very much doubt that Richards will be back.. There was talk last season about him returning to the Tigers however he said he was happy over there and that both he and his wife didnt want to return to Australia just yet...

Craig

World Traveller
Simon was right about Greg Inglis play at 5/8 as he was picked there for the trial game against the Titans this weekend. And there must be something in the water as on the Storm bench there is a young centre by the name of Will Chambers who has been by all reports been very impressive at the Storm pre-season training as they have asked him to stay on and train with them.

Chambers was born (IIRR) and raised in the Northern Terrority, but for rugble league purposes he is a Queenslander as he got picked for the Queensland u-19's last year. They also have forward by the name of Jeff Lima, if he is anything like his famous namesake Brian Lima then getting hit by him in a tackle will probably feel like being hit by a truck :mellow:

(Brumby would know back in the 2003 WC with the South Africa v Samoa game at Suncorp where Brian Lima put in a tackle on the South African flyhalf just after he passed the ball, and thus his ribcage was exposed and tackled right there, said South African flyhalf didn't get up).

luffy

International Captain
Simon was right about Greg Inglis play at 5/8 as he was picked there for the trial game against the Titans this weekend. And there must be something in the water as on the Storm bench there is a young centre by the name of Will Chambers who has been by all reports been very impressive at the Storm pre-season training as they have asked him to stay on and train with them.

Chambers was born (IIRR) and raised in the Northern Terrority, but for rugble league purposes he is a Queenslander as he got picked for the Queensland u-19's last year. They also have forward by the name of Jeff Lima, if he is anything like his famous namesake Brian Lima then getting hit by him in a tackle will probably feel like being hit by a truck :mellow:

(Brumby would know back in the 2003 WC with the South Africa v Samoa game at Suncorp where Brian Lima put in a tackle on the South African flyhalf just after he passed the ball, and thus his ribcage was exposed and tackled right there, said South African flyhalf didn't get up).
Good news for the storm to have players with that, they have a good future the storm.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Brian Lima could tackle alright.

Simon

You'll also find someone else i mentioned a few weeks ago, James Abusson (sp?) is also on the Storm bench this week, hes a 5/8 or half who i imagine is in the first team squad almost as insurance in case Inglis doesnt work at 6...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jeff Lima... Ex Tigers front rower.. He was sacked 2 years back IIRC for a few off field incidents... He has potential but like so many fails to transfer it into results...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
This hasnt been mentioned anywhere as yet but here are the Games/Times for the first 5 weeks..

Round 1 - March 16-19

Friday, March 16
Broncos v Cowboys, Suncorp Stadium, 7.30pm
Storm v Wests Tigers, Olympic Park, 7.30pm
Saturday, March 17
Vodafone Warriors v Eels, Mt Smart Stadium, 7.30pm
Sharks v Panthers, Toyota Park, 7.30pm
Sea Eagles v Raiders, Brookvale Oval, 7.30pm
Sunday, March 18
Knights v Bulldogs, Energy Australia Stadium, 2.00pm
Titans v Dragons, Suncorp Stadium, 3.00pm
Monday, March 19
Roosters v Rabbitohs, Aussie Stadium, 7.00pm

Round 2 - March 23-26

(Australian daylight saving ends at 3am Sunday, March 25)
Friday, March 23
Dragons v Knights, venue to be confirmed, 7.30pm
Panthers v Bulldogs, CUA Stadium, 7.30pm
Saturday, March 24
Wests Tigers v Sea Eagles, venue to be confirmed, 5.30pm
Raiders v Storm, Canberra Stadium, 7.30pm
Cowboys v Roosters, Dairy Farmers Stadium, 8.30pm
Sunday, March 25
Vodafone Warriors v Broncos, Mt Smart Stadium, 4.00pm
Rabbitohs v Eels, Telstra Stadium, 3.00pm
Monday, March 26
Titans v Sharks, Carrara Stadium, 7.00pm

Round 3 - March 30-April 2

Friday, March 30
Broncos v Panthers, Suncorp Stadium, 7.30pm
Eels v Wests Tigers, Parramatta Stadium, 7.30pm
Saturday, March 31
Dragons v Cowboys, venue to be confirmed, 5.30pm
Sharks v Rabbitohs, Toyota Park, 7.30pm
Sunday, April 1
Storm v Vodafone Warriors, Olympic Park, 12.00pm
Bulldogs v Titans, Telstra Stadium, 2.00pm
Roosters v Sea Eagles, Aussie Stadium, 3.00pm
Monday, April 2
Raiders v Knights, Canberra Stadium, 7.00pm

Round 4 - April 6-9 (Easter)

Friday, April 6
Rabbitohs v Bulldogs, Telstra Stadium, 7.30pm
Roosters v Broncos, Aussie Stadium, 7.30pm
Saturday, April 7
Knights v Storm, Energy Australia Stadium, 5.30pm
Cowboys v Wests Tigers, Dairy Farmers Stadium, 7.30pm
Eels v Raiders, Parramatta Stadium, 7.30pm
Sunday, April 8
Sea Eagles v Vodafone Warriors, Brookvale Oval, 2.00pm
Panthers v Titans, CUA Stadium, 3.00pm
Monday, April 9
Sharks v Dragons, Toyota Park, 7.00pm

Round 5 - April 13-16

Friday, April 13
Panthers v Eels, CUA Stadium, 7.30pm
Titans v Broncos, Suncorp Stadium, 7.30pm
Saturday, April 14
Dragons v Storm, venue to be confirmed, 5.30pm
Bulldogs v Sea Eagles, Telstra Stadium, 7.30pm
Sunday, April 15
Vodafone Warriors v Cowboys, Mt Smart Stadium, 2.00pm
Raiders v Roosters, Canberra Stadium, 2.00pm
Wests Tigers v Sharks, venue to be confirmed, 3.00pm
Monday, April 16
Rabbitohs v Knights, Central Coast, 7.00pm

Cant wait for the season to start... With all the live games its gonna be super...

Season starts this weekend, im trying to get out to the Foundation Cup game to see the Tigers put 40 or 50 on the KFC boys

Simon

how can all games be live?

arent channel 9 showing both friday night games and with them being played at the same time how will that work?

Simon

ill be going to Raiders vs Storm round two as well, probably wont make round three, monday night games will be too hard to get to cause i dont finish work till 7...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
how can all games be live?

arent channel 9 showing both friday night games and with them being played at the same time how will that work?
I didnt mean all the games were live.. I was just saying that with all the games we are getting live its gonna be great...

last season it was like 3 games live a weekend, this season its 5 i think...

Simon

not happy with some of these 2 games saturdays though, Super Saturday is the reason i live, they really cant do this to me...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
not happy with some of these 2 games saturdays though, Super Saturday is the reason i live, they really cant do this to me...
LOL, but you now get 2 games on a friday and the one on a monday meaning theres less of a break between games..

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Isn't one of the Friday night games on Fox?

Also interesting to see Manly get Saturday Night home game first up, i think this might be the 3rd year in a row. I wish they just give us all Sunday matches.