• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 05 - 09 Feb 2021

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yet again kohli fails to convert a start, even with nothing to lose. I think Pat Cummins and Josh Hazlewood have simply got inside his head© and have ruined him as a test match batsman.

flibbertyjibber

This is up there with some of those 2010/11 Ashes wins for just all-round perfect away wins.
Better than that as we expected to beat them, don't think anyone expected this even after winning our last 5 away games.

The India tour we won with Cook, KP, Swann and Monty doing the business was the same.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Yeah I do think Kuldeep comes in for Nadeem but not sure if Axar gets fit so quickly. And I dont think they will drop Washy after he has looked so assured at #7 and only got out to a very good delivery.
Washy is no doubt good with the bat, but his primary role is to bowl. If Washy can't do any damage with the ball, we are literally going in with 4 bowlers which is not good.

Same will be the case with Axar, if he scores 60-70 odd runs per match, it'll be good but his role with the ball will be the key. I hope he gets fit though, one good thing about Axar is that he has bowled a lot on the flat Rajkot pitches, so while he can do well on turning pitches, he is also someone who can dry out the runs and keep things tight when there isn't much purchase(like it was on day 1 and day 2 and Washy and Nadeem were giving away easy runs). Ash-Axar-Kuldeep sound like a tougher challenge than Ash-Washy-Kuldeep atm.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Yet again kohli fails to convert a start, even with nothing to lose. I think Pat Cummins and Josh Hazlewood have simply got inside his head© and have ruined him as a test match batsman.
His test scores in NZ March 2020
2, 19, 3, 14

Nothing to do with Cummins and Hazlewood

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
What a great win. I know winning the toss was a big factor, but that didn't help us much four years ago. Is six away wins on the trot a record for us?

flibbertyjibber

For all the stick Leach and Bess have had the last few weeks they have 33 wickets in 3 tests and we have 3 wins in a row. Great stuff.

Brilliant win that, just need a repeat to retain the trophy.

Burgey

His test scores in NZ March 2020
2, 19, 3, 14

Nothing to do with Cummins and Hazlewood
They’d already ruined him by then. Besides, I mean, it’s nz. Cute.

Nice work England. One more of the remaining three, please. Would be absolutely hilarious.