• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 05 - 09 Feb 2021

James

Cricket Web Owner
With it being the 1st Test of the series are England more interested in not losing, rather than trying to win ?

James

Cricket Web Owner
They are probably worried a lollapse opens the door for India a little.
If India can score 400 batting last on this pitch, take your hat off to them and move on I would have thought. Not very often a team scores that in a fourth innings to win.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Don't even think the declaration is really the issue, thought they would have wanted 400 at least - however I presumed they would have been a lot more attacking post tea, got a 425 lead and be declaring now at latest setting India 425 in 120ish overs. I can understand the hesitancy not wanting to set 360ish at tea in effectively 130 overs (98 on the final day if I'm not mistaken?) as if India bat the overs they win the game probably.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Declare! 15-20 overs this evening with the new ball could lead to early inroads. Got to put a plug on this innings now

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah this session has been frustrating but this innings as a whole is fine, they went quicker than I expected in the afternoon session.

Making sure you don't lose does not mean you can't win.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Drawn match plus India getting points docked for slow over rate would only help Australia.

I am sure Black Caps would rather face India in the final in England as opposed to Australia. So not great from BCs pov either.