• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Offical* EPL and Nationalwide competitions thread

Craig

World Traveller
nibblet said:
Mr. Abramovich is awesome. Nearly 100 pounds so far and no sign of the spending stopping. I remember Mahhumad al Fayed saying he would make Fulham a mighty club, but it looks like his interest in the team is dwindling and he may soon sell. But Roman said he would turn Chelsea into a mighty club and thats what he is doing.

yay!
Lol, al Fayed said the club is his for life and his children are getting it.

nibbs

International Captain
dammit. Has Chelsea taken a step in the wrong direction. I believe they have with by signing Makelele. 13.8 million for a 30 year old.

Makelele is a grey day wanka, and I don't think he's the right for Chelsea. His joining the team means Frank Lampard could lose his place. I think some players need to be sold...

Craig

World Traveller
Is Jimmy Floyd Hsslebiank saying at Chelsea or is he going to Real Betis?

I hope Lampard doesnt lose his place as I think he is one of Chelsea's best.

So far Chelsea have brought Crespo, Mutu, Duff, Makelele as some of the big name players.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nibblet said:
dammit. Has Chelsea taken a step in the wrong direction. I believe they have with by signing Makelele. 13.8 million for a 30 year old.

Makelele is a grey day wanka, and I don't think he's the right for Chelsea.

Right, so the player who has been the real man behind the Real Madrid side of the past few seasons isn't good enough?

He is an outstanding player, and with him there it will allow the Duffs and Verons of the side some freedom.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Makelele is the best DMC in the world, Real Madrid are going to be very suspect in defence now.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Makelele won them the CL final against Valencia in 2001 (could've been 2000) when he pretty much single handedly held the back line together and took it to penalties/allowed the strikers to get the winner (can't remember fully the year/opposition/score..)

Agent TBY

International Captain
Mr. Abramovich is awesome. Nearly 100 pounds so far and no sign of the spending stopping. I remember Mahhumad al Fayed saying he would make Fulham a mighty club, but it looks like his interest in the team is dwindling and he may soon sell. But Roman said he would turn Chelsea into a mighty club and thats what he is doing.

yay!
WHAT?!?! :O He brought in Veron,Duff,Crespo etc for 100 pounds??? :O

I think I might try owning a football club....:)

Craig

World Traveller
Makelele left because he was upset at being payed so poorly compared to Beckham, Ronaldo, Raul, Robeto Carlos etc. all the big name players.

Craig

World Traveller
Sorry Luckyeddie

Sorry LE, but I must say my West Brom Albion have beaten LE's Deryby 1 nil at Derby. That is four wins in a row for WBA and our quest for repromotion into the EPL.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Re: Sorry Luckyeddie

Craig said:
Sorry LE, but I must say my West Brom Albion have beaten LE's Deryby 1 nil at Derby. That is four wins in a row for WBA and our quest for repromotion into the EPL.
I'm used to it by now.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
What a forearm smash from the ref on Savage - highlight of the weekend IMO (and I actually like Savage as a player)

anzac

International Debutant
Arsenal now 3 pts clear at the top after a hard fought 2-1 victory at Man City, who played a stacked midfield in a 4-5-1 formation in an effort to close down the space for the Gunners creative passing game. Wiltord & Ljungberg scored 2nd half goals for the Gunners after Lauren had put City ahead with an own goal after 10 mins.

Elsewhere a lack lustre Man Utd lost to a late goal at S'hampton, while Chelski also dropped points in a draw, as did Portsmouth. Liverpool finally showed something in a deserved 3-0 win in the derby V Everton, with Owen (2) & Kewell doing the damage. Newcastle's recent run of horror form at home continued with a 3rd loss in a row - all at home!!! Wolves finally collected their first point but are still bottom. Villa continued their fine perfomance V Arsenal last week, with a home victory with Angel getting on the scoresheet twice.

:)

Craig

World Traveller
Transfers

I'nm shocked that Portsmouth is 3rd on the table. In other transfer news, Leeds have gained a massive coup in getting Roque Junior on a years loan from AC Milan; striker Francis Jeffers (Arsenal), goal keeper Nigel Martyn (Leeds), winger Kevin Kilbane (Sunderland), and forward James McFadden (Motherwell - SPL) have all joined Everton on a permaneny basis.

Charlton's Paul Konchesky has joined Tottenham on loan, while Spur Chris Perry has joined Charlton.

Konchesky's move follows Inter Milan midfielder Stephene Dalmat move to White Hart Lane on loan.

Visit www.soccernet.com for more news.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Portsmouth will probably end up falling to 12 or 13, or even lower once injuries set in.

They've probably started well enough to avoid relegation although a string of losses could change that.

Redknapp made some excellent buys in Sheringham & Berger however.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think its fair to say that Wolves will need a miracle to avoid relegation so that leaves only 2 other spots.

I know its early but I think the other 2 will be Leicester City & Bolton.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re: Transfers

Craig said:
striker Francis Jeffers (Arsenal), goal keeper Nigel Martyn (Leeds), winger Kevin Kilbane (Sunderland), and forward James McFadden (Motherwell - SPL) have all joined Everton on a permaneny basis.
Permaneny - is that because some are permanent and some temporary?! ;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
I know its early but I think the other 2 will be Leicester City & Bolton.
Bolton will survive once Big Sam moulds the team together (as in the last 2 years)

Leicester and Fulham for me, although don't count out Portsmouth.