• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Offical*** English Football Season 2004/05

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
superkingdave said:
Ooh Pessimism in the ranks of the Manure, i'm not so sure its over myself, though a draw or Arsenal win next week might help me make my mind up
Arsenal 25 points and averaging 3 goals per game
Manure 14 points.

Can anyone seriously see anything but an second Arsenal title in a row?

If they get past tomorrow, I don't actually see what would stop them making it another unbeaten season.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Looking at the way the reserves they have can get the job done, I wouldn't be so sure of even that...

anzac

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
That, or a January FA Cup tie at Fortress St. James'...
sorry Neil but I think we have the wood on Newcastle under Wenger..................esp in the Cup.............

you'd need your other scenario to come into play as well..............

anzac

International Debutant
watching them play v Villa I thought it was their best performance since their 2nd half v 'Boro...............

has the EPL or it's predecessor seen the likes of this team b4???????

seriously I can't recall he likes of Liverpool or Man U at their peak playing this type of football week in & week out..........

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
anzac said:
sorry Neil but I think we have the wood on Newcastle under Wenger..................esp in the Cup.............

you'd need your other scenario to come into play as well..............
I think he means St James Park the home of Exeter City and it was meant in jest

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Manure 14 points.

If they get past tomorrow, I don't actually see what would stop them making it another unbeaten season.
It's still remotely possible, but it would take a bloody good effort from here - we now MUST do the souble over Arsenal to stand any chance. And while I expect us to beat them at OT, I just can't see it at Highbury atm. Of course, things change, but it seems unlikely.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
superkingdave said:
I think he means St James Park the home of Exeter City and it was meant in jest
Yep, with the intentional double entendre as slightly past-its-sellby-date bait :)

Cheers for biting, Anzac :)

Kimbo

International Debutant
I'm a big arsenal fan, shouldn't have any problems with Man U.... but its the kind of fixture that will always get you nervous...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tom Halsey said:
And while I expect us to beat them at OT, I just can't see it at Highbury atm.
What do you base this expectation to win at OT on, the 1-1 draw against a Boro with about 3 1st team players or the 0-0 at a Birmingham team missing several key men?

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Manure 14 points.

Jose Mourinho's team?

Interesting to note it has been a few seasons since Arsenal last beat Man U in the Premiership and they will draw strength from their FA Cup win over Arsenal last season with so many players out.

The Juventus and Bayern Munich CL game was boring of a football game as I have seen one.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
The Juventus and Bayern Munich CL game was boring of a football game as I have seen one.
I'm still having trouble staying awake after watching it this morning...What is tmrw mornings game?

Craig

World Traveller
AC Milan v Barcelona.

I was at work when the match started so I taped it and I watched it when I got home from work.

Alessandro del Piero is over-rated.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Interesting to note it has been a few seasons since Arsenal last beat Man U in the Premiership and they will draw strength from their FA Cup win over Arsenal last season with so many players out.
Well 2003-2004 was 2 draws
2002-2003 was a draw and a Man u win
2001-2002 Arsenal did the double

I personally have a feeling United might win at the weekend but it won't make any difference to the title, except United fans will be blabbing on at the end of the season like they were last year

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
What do you base this expectation to win at OT on, the 1-1 draw against a Boro with about 3 1st team players or the 0-0 at a Birmingham team missing several key men?
The motvation of letting the enemy reach 50 if we don't beat them.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Neil Pickup said:
That, or a January FA Cup tie at Fortress St. James'...
You mean the place where Exeter have lost enough points to see them below even Manure's league placing?

As for motivation: means sod-all when the team isn't good enough...

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Put it this way; if this match was a nothing match of no importance, probably a draw or an Arsenal win. However, I think we have a big chance because of this being their half-century match. Added to that is the fact that we beat them in the FA Cup last year, a match they wanted to win because at the time the treble was still on.