• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ's road to their 4-Test Tour of Australia 2026-27

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So 7 years following the feeble & underwhelming showing in 2019/20 NZ get another chance to gain some form of Test credibility in Australia.

Could come a year or two late for the core group in the current squad who will be in their mid-to-late 30s in 3 years time assuming they haven't already retired, and are still at the top of their game.

NZC need to realise the great opportunity if NZ can perform well & put on a competitive showing & hence need to approach the tour strategically (unlike 2019) by getting future prospects exposure to Australia wickets & conditions a couple of years out.

Here's a list of players around the NZC scene and their ages in 2026 from oldest to youngest, starting with Boult who's admittedly a real stretch.

Boult 37
Blundell 36
KW 36
Mitchell 35
Ferguson 35
Macewell 35
Conway 35
Latham 34
Cleaver 34
Young 34
Henry 34
Santner 34
Solia 33
Tickner 33
Duffy 32
Chapman 32
Jamieson 31
Seifer 31
Shipley 30
Lister 30
Shipley 30
Lister 30
Phillips 29
Sears 28
Foxtrott 28
D Phillips 28
Ravindra 27
Allen 27
O'Rourke 25
Ashok 24

Let us know if there's any young prospects I've missed and what you think the core of the XI could be.

Personally I'm hopeful Jamieson maintains fitness to see him on Australian tracks & that KW will still be playing, even if it would be his last Test series.

King Kane

International Debutant
It's still a few years away so hard to predict what our test team will look like but it will probably look a lot different to now, the same goes for Australia.

Warner won't be there or Khawaja and Smith, Starc, Hazlewood and Lyon probably won't be there either, even Cummins could be past his best by then.

A shame it will be so long between test tours in Australia, I know we haven't been all that competitive there but we would still be more competitive than the West Indies who somehow have been given back to back test tours of Australia despite being a rabble when it comes to test cricket these days.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
So 7 years following the feeble & underwhelming showing in 2019/20 NZ get another chance to gain some form of Test credibility in Australia.

Could come a year or two late for the core group in the current squad who will be in their mid-to-late 30s in 3 years time assuming they haven't already retired, and are still at the top of their game.

NZC need to realise the great opportunity if NZ can perform well & put on a competitive showing & hence need to approach the tour strategically (unlike 2019) by getting future prospects exposure to Australia wickets & conditions a couple of years out.

Here's a list of players around the NZC scene and their ages in 2026 from oldest to youngest, starting with Boult who's admittedly a real stretch.

Boult 37
Blundell 36
KW 36
Mitchell 35
Ferguson 35
Macewell 35
Conway 35
Latham 34
Cleaver 34
Young 34
Henry 34
Santner 34
Solia 33
Tickner 33
Duffy 32
Chapman 32
Jamieson 31
Seifer 31
Shipley 30
Lister 30
Shipley 30
Lister 30
Phillips 29
Sears 28
Foxtrott 28
D Phillips 28
Ravindra 27
Allen 27
O'Rourke 25
Ashok 24

Let us know if there's any young prospects I've missed
Nathan Smith
Muhammad Abbas
Max Chu
Mitch Hay
Kristiaan Clark
Matt Fisher
Zak Foulkes
Gareth Severin
Tim Pringle

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
It's still a few years away so hard to predict what our test team will look like but it will probably look a lot different to now, the same goes for Australia.

Warner won't be there or Khawaja and Smith, Starc, Hazlewood and Lyon probably won't be there either, even Cummins could be past his best by then.

A shame it will be so long between test tours in Australia, I know we haven't been all that competitive there but we would still be more competitive than the West Indies who somehow have been given back to back test tours of Australia despite being a rabble when it comes to test cricket these days.
The Windies got back to back tours due to the WTC draws.

Talking of the Windies I wish we could tour there again some time soon.

King Kane

International Debutant
Which is what makes it fun to speculate on, plus the chance to look like a genius in 3 years.
Well I'm tipping a 4-0 whitewash for the Black Caps in 3 years with Ravindra being the leading run scorer and Jamieson being the leading wicket taker.

If I'm right in 3 years I will look like a genius and if in the more likely event I'm wrong then hopefully this thread will be long forgotten about by then.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Well I'm tipping a 4-0 whitewash for the Black Caps in 3 years with Ravindra being the leading run scorer and Jamieson being the leading wicket taker.

If I'm right in 3 years I will look like a genius and if in the more likely event I'm wrong then hopefully this thread will be long forgotten about by then.
Of course it won't be a 4-0 whitewash to us.

Rain will save the Aussies in Sydney.