• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NRL transfers

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Blast that Karmichael Hunt...I hope he doesn't decide to play for NZ & then do a Tony Carroll.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
people who like schifcofske?? IM HOME!! hes my fave player by a mile.

haha anyone noticed that the raiders arent signing anyone yet half their team is going other places... cant wait for next year :blink:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
raiders signing Jason Smith, ma be old but will cover 3 or 4 positions very well, a better buy than most people believe, you are also going to get craig frawley.
Theres some very good young blokes in the flegg and PL team. Beau Mundine has been quite good over the last few weeks, PNG steve also looks the good and in the fowards you have michael weyman, ben cross and a few others....

Simon

Tim said:
Blast that Karmichael Hunt...I hope he doesn't decide to play for NZ & then do a Tony Carroll.
he wont play for NZ ever, so dont get ur hopes up :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
admitingly we (raiders) do have some awesome youngsters, but will they do enough next year??

Simon

some will be, Nathan Smith could mature into a very good centre if he has a good off season, phil graham will be back and ur young fowards r very good...

Craig

World Traveller
Mister Wright said:
For sure! Wesser was Qld's worst fullback since Robbie O or Wendell Sailor. He should be the first player dropped, next should be Gene Miles.

Next year it has to be between Hunt & Shifcofske. I would prefer to see Shifcofske as custodian and Hunt on the bench. But we still have 10 months to go before SOO 2005...
So Billy Slater at fullback isn't an option?

Does Slater have 'hit me here' tattoed across his forehead?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig said:
So Billy Slater at fullback isn't an option?

Does Slater have 'hit me here' tattoed across his forehead?
Slater is a better option at fullback than Wesser, and I wouldn't be surprised if he moved there next year, as his defence on the wing was found out. However, in saying that, Shifcofske is a far better fullback than both Wesser and Slater.

But I think it is a pretty safe bet that Hunt will be Queensland's fullback for the next 10+ years, barring injury of course.

Simon

im a big slater fan, i honestly thin hes out best fullback option, but because hes so versitile, we can have him on the wing and play someone like wesser or schif at fullback, as neither of those 2 guys are good wingers....

Craig

World Traveller
Well I am absolutely shocked that Kirk Reynoldson would walk out on the Melbourne Storm and go to Newcastle.

I know some other Storm fans have not taken this news lightly after this the club plucked him obsurity and has become one of the post popular players in the club and in the city and is one of the most regonisable faces with his beard.

del cazzo di merda

I am being too harsh, I should congratulate him on his Queensland State of Origin debut next season.

Simon

its no like you breed him from a young age, brought him through the ranks like a monaghan, tahu etc...... i wouldnt be keen on playing for melbourne either, he said he wanted to play in a city where league is the number 1 sport, and who can blame him....

el masri also resigned with the dogs for over 250k a year over a 3 year period, frawley also is apprently less keen than ever to join the raiders now, with de vere announcing today hes going to huddersfield brisbane can offer frawley a bit more, i except him to stay in brisbane now...

Craig

World Traveller
broncoman said:
its no like you breed him from a young age, brought him through the ranks like a monaghan, tahu etc...... i wouldnt be keen on playing for melbourne either, he said he wanted to play in a city where league is the number 1 sport, and who can blame him....
Maybe you don't understand because your not a Storm fan.

Look in a city that is swamped with AFL, AFL, AFL, and some more AFL, having figures like Kirk that help raises the club demographics in an AFL city and helps get more Storm figures reconigised.

I bet Billy Slater wouldn't mind being stopped on the streets in Melbourne a lot more say if he was in Sydney or Brisbane.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
In other news, Brent Webb is apparently going to play for the Kiwi's. It's one disaster after another.

Simon

how can he do that? hes only been living there since he was like 20 and his parents arent from there or anything are they, maybe he took a holiday there when he was 5 or something!

apparently Adrian Morley wants to play state of origin for NSW and play for Aus. it would be a real shame if it happens....

Craig

World Traveller
Well if Morely takes out citizinship he could be picked. But with his frequent suspension record, I would tell him he is dreaming.

Simon

i dont think he will, hes too proud of being english to do that, could u imagine him taking on the poms???

Craig

World Traveller
Well the way Matt Orford played last night, Melbourne will be hoping the Gold Coast get the 16th team, because if Central Coast get it, Orford is all but a certainty to join them.