• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NRL transfers

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
they r cutting back on the ammount of non English players in the ESL and bringing in a salar cap anyway, which is a good way to go IMO

Simon

no surprise there, i think that may be the last we will see of him in first grade this season, hes named at halfback this weekend, but with witt as 18th man i expect thorman will play VB Premier League...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I have it on good authority that Tim McGann from easts rugby has signed with the Tigers.. Ill let Andre tell ya how good he is...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The Warriors have sent Henry Fa'ifili & Justin Murphy packing this week.

They've all but given up on this season, which I agree with..they should be putting the plans in place for a successful 2005 season.

Simon

who cars, warriors are ****, we should be talking about decent teams....

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently the Tigers have been talking to Melbourne youngster Steve Turner..

This guy has HUGE raps and moved to melbourne to get a shot but hasn't.. He has shown in a couple of games what he could do and i would be extremely happy if he came to the tigers..

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Senter announces retirement: official statement

Wests Tigers captain Darren Senter today announced his retirement from the game at the end of the season.

After 10 years and more than 200 games with Wests Tigers and Balmain Tigers, Senter has decided it is time to hang up his boots.

“Football has been a huge part of my life, and I’m going to miss it, but it’s time to take the next step. I’m looking forward to more time with my family and taking on a new challenge,” he said.

“At this stage, I am in discussion with the club regarding my after footy career and am very excited about the new challenges that may be available for me. Remaining with the club is important to me as it’s been part of my life for so long.

During Senter’s career with Wests Tigers he has represented City Origin twice (1997,2002), and was part of the 2004 winning World 7s Side.

“Darren’s contribution to the club has been invaluable, both on and off the field. It is rare to see players stay with one club for so long, but Darren’s leadership, determination and attitude have made him one of the greats of the game and this club”, CEO Stephen Noyce said.

Senter is one of the few remaining players still with the club since the joint venture took place five years ago.

“Seeing the two clubs evolve into one was certainly an interesting time, and while it has been a challenge I wouldn’t have changed a thing,” Senter said.

“I’m now looking forward to playing out the season and saying farewell to all the loyal and dedicated fans who have supported me throughout my career.

“Hopefully I can play a role in the club achieving their first ever final series appearance.”

Article from here

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah as a Tigers fan, i've never been a HUGE Senter fan, but i must admit that without him our side does lack something..

He like Mark O'Niell is a player who does alot of un-noticed work..

However in saying this, the time is right for him to step aside... we have a very very good young hooker in Balmain premier league in Robbie Farah and if reports of the Bulldogs chasing him are correct we need to get him into 1st grade to give him incentive to stay...

I hope Hollywood stays on with the staff as i think he can offer something to the club which can't be taught... PASSION!!!!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
HAHAHAHAHA, So true...

Thats one of the reasons i think why i haven't been a HUGE fan of his...
He can be very annoying....

But with Satts and Hollywood going at the end of the season this paves the way for Benny Galea to take over the captaincy, watch him shine...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
He does but i will be surprised if he stays on, however in saying that the last few weeks he has played as well as i have seen him play since his North Sydney days...
I think he should go though...