• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NRL Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
either way it doesnt bother me, the comp is going pretty well with 15 teams, however expansion will be inevitable. id personally like to see us expand to somewhere we we dont have a side, perth geographically is too far away to consider, adelaide is worth another try or a 2nd NZ team. GC seems to be a mess, from what ive heard their bid isnt as strong as they make out to be, the stadium isnt up to scratch and their financial backers arent committed as much as they previously were.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
either way it doesnt bother me, the comp is going pretty well with 15 teams, however expansion will be inevitable. id personally like to see us expand to somewhere we we dont have a side, perth geographically is too far away to consider, adelaide is worth another try or a 2nd NZ team. GC seems to be a mess, from what ive heard their bid isnt as strong as they make out to be, the stadium isnt up to scratch and their financial backers arent committed as much as they previously were.
If they are given the go-ahead the backers will be there. The NRL must admit a team next year if they are going to expand. With the quality of players on the market, they have to give the team a chance to make a bid for these players.

Simon

Mister Wright said:
If they are given the go-ahead the backers will be there. The NRL must admit a team next year if they are going to expand. With the quality of players on the market, they have to give the team a chance to make a bid for these players.
if a team is admitted it wont be until 2007, its not possible to get a side up and running in 6 months...

Cloete

International Captain
Buddhmaster said:
How about an Islanders team?
Never going to happen. I'm assuming you're talking about a Pacific Islanders team?

Super 12's was/is going to do that, I'm not sure whether it's another South African team or the Pacific Islanders to make up the 14th and 13th teams (along with Perth)

But the only place they really play league is Papua New Guinea, and there's no way they're going to be able to financially make it in NRL and all of their players would be home grown as not many (if any) players would move to PNG. Other clubs would eventually just steal their players and what not. It's jsut not going to happen anyway.

Simon

not possible, nrl isnt like super 12 where all the players play for sides from their country. so basically it would be about where the side is based.

i do know in the super league days a PNG side based in Port Morseby was very much on the agenda, perhaps in 15 or 20 years that could be looked at again...

Simon

Knights will improve, Buderus will come back and they will play 10 times better, they still wont make the 8 though, neither will saints and neither will roosters unless Firman is brought back into first grade...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Read in todays paper that Ricky Stuart thinks the Roosters are still 10 rounds away from being Title contenders...

Someone better tell him that he aint got that long.. Another 10 rounds like they've been playing and the only thing they'll be challenging for is the spoon...

Oh by the way... Looks at the table and sees where the Tigers are...

HAHAHAHA you beauty....

Simon

blewy, ill give u that, tigers are doing well, ill eat humble pie, soon....
i just hope u dont go off too early like last year when u said after round 23 raiders couldnt make the 8 and tigers were certainties, oh how wrong u were :p

tigers will make the 8 this year though, i think...

as for the roosters, they are pathetic, i went to the game on sunday and they were only kept in it by russell smith, walker is a ****** like always and wing is not a five eighth, monaghan is a cat, once they get firman and finch together in the halves they will improve...
i didnt see much in their Premier League side to suggest that the answer lies there, Soward came off the bench, scored a good try but was playing out of position, hes got speed but im not convinced of his ball handling skills at this stage...

Simon

James90 said:
It's Hodges, no doubt!
His name is Brad Fittler, ever heard of him, he played a couple of games, even played for australia a few times...

Simon

BULLDOGS TEAM:

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Jamaal Lolesi
4. Willie Tonga
5. Matt Utai
6. Braith Anasta
7. Brent Sherwin
8. Mark O'Meley
9. Corey Hughes