• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NRL Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Buddhmaster said:
Is there no chance Mundine will go back to the Dragons. Imo, it would be nice to see him back in the jumper.
its pretty unlikely he will go back, dragons have a pretty settled halves combo in head and barrett, id be surprised if they an afford to get him anyway, dragons first priority is resigning luke bailey...

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Yep, that's definetely the better option. How old is Mundine anyway. Does he still have the ability in him?

Simon

30ish id say, he was in canberra yesterday, reports are he was very impressed with the raiders and they could be looking to offer him a contract after his next fight...

Buddhmaster

International Captain
How are the Raiders going this year. I havne't seen much of the NRL season so far, but i'm sure ill get into it soon.

I thought the Raiders were going alright, therefore, their halves can't be going that bad?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Buddhmaster said:
How are the Raiders going this year. I havne't seen much of the NRL season so far, but i'm sure ill get into it soon.

I thought the Raiders were going alright, therefore, their halves can't be going that bad?
They`re the only undefeated team so far. On top of the table. Not too bad. :D

Simon

their halves are going tops, Jason Smith is on fire playing as well as ever and near the top of the dally M's and Lincoln Withers is playing a support role, but doign it brilliantly, they will feature in the last 4 come september...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Buddhmaster said:
Yep, that's definetely the better option. How old is Mundine anyway. Does he still have the ability in him?
Mundine is about 28 I think. Does he have the ability in him? Well, for what everyone says about him he is a gifted and natural sportsman, I'm sure he is doing this because he realises there aren't that many challenges in boxing, except for Green :p

I wouldn't be surprised if he plays match payments in 2005 and then is the major signing for Gold Coast in 2006.

Waughney

International Debutant
Mister Wright said:
Mundine is about 28 I think. Does he have the ability in him? Well, for what everyone says about him he is a gifted and natural sportsman, I'm sure he is doing this because he realises there aren't that many challenges in boxing, except for Green :p

I wouldn't be surprised if he plays match payments in 2005 and then is the major signing for Gold Coast in 2006.
A Mundine-Campbell halves pairing wouldn't be a bad start for the Gold Coast *insert name here*.

Mister Wright

Waughney said:
A Mundine-Campbell halves pairing wouldn't be a bad start for the Gold Coast *insert name here*.
Talk of Shaun Berrigan waiting for news on the new franchise before he re-signs with the Broncos also. There could be some big names at the club.

Last edited:

Waughney

International Debutant
Mister Wright said:
Talk of Shaun Berrigan waiting for news on the new franchise before he resigns with the Broncos also. There could be some big names at the club.
Yeah, might work out nicely for them.

What do you think their new name will be? Seahorses? (My local club's name, maybe they'd sew GC...)

Mister Wright

Waughney said:
Yeah, might work out nicely for them.

What do you think their new name will be? Seahorses? (My local club's name, maybe they'd sew GC...)
I hope they go with Giants. Would hate to see them go with one of those American names. We already have 2 teams in Qld with crappy American nicknames.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The word coming out of NZ is that Stacey Jones to the French club UTS is a done deal...
Which means that alot of money will be freed up to sign another player. That player could be Mundine but there are also another couple of players coming off contract who the Warriors might be interested in.

Mundine to Gold Coast? don't be ridiculous...he wants to join an established club, thats for sure.

Mister Wright

Tim said:
The word coming out of NZ is that Stacey Jones to the French club UTS is a done deal...
Which means that alot of money will be freed up to sign another player. That player could be Mundine but there are also another couple of players coming off contract who the Warriors might be interested in.

Mundine to Gold Coast? don't be ridiculous...he wants to join an established club, thats for sure.
He may have no choice if he wants to get paid well in 2006.

Another contender for the Gold Coast is Wendell Sailor.

psxpro

Banned
What do you guys think of the nrl this year.
Does everyone else think that defence has fallen off a bit from last year?
Tries seem to be coming easy. I'm not enjoying the matches as much as last year either. Maybe its just cause its early season.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Poor old Wendall..yeah I'd want to get out of that hopeless Reds team too. I don't know if he'll be feared as much in league as he was previously though.
I can't believe Australia got another franchise at Perth when the Reds are in such dissaray..and don't get me started on another South African team.

Not that I really want Mundine at the Warriors, but they will definately be able to pay him big bucks if Jones leaves.