• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NRL 2013 Tipping Thread

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Friday 3 May
Broncos vs Rabbitohs
Bulldogs vs Tigers

Saturday 4 May
Storm vs Raiders
Eels vs Cowboys

Sunday 5 May
Warriors vs Titans
Knights vs Sharks
Roosters vs Panthers

Monday 6 May
Dragons vs Sea Eagles

Really tempted by Parramatta and Penrith this week but I won't go there.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Round 8

Friday 3 May
Broncos vs Rabbitohs
Bulldogs vs Tigers

Saturday 4 May
Storm vs Raiders
Eels vs Cowboys

Sunday 5 May
Warriors vs Titans
Knights vs Sharks
Roosters vs Panthers

Monday 6 May
Dragons vs Sea Eagles

howardj

International Coach
Round 8

Friday 3 May
Broncos vs Rabbitohs
Bulldogs vs Tigers

Saturday 4 May
Storm vs Raiders
Eels vs Cowboys

Sunday 5 May
Warriors vs Titans
Knights vs Sharks
Roosters vs Panthers

Monday 6 May
Dragons vs Sea Eagles

howardj

International Coach
This round is so easy, on paper anyway, that I am using my Joker in this round (on the I Tip Footy site that we use here at work, one of the extra features in a tipping comp is the Joker round whereby you get double points for each correct tip for that round. You can only nominate one round out of the 26. This, for me, is the round I am choosing).

Fingers crossed for a bumper round with no upsets.

Yeee harrr

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Really tempted by Parramatta and Penrith this week but I won't go there.
Last I checked we were paying $6 which is very good value imo. Still not very confident though.

Friday 3 May
Broncos vs Rabbitohs
Bulldogs vs Tigers

Saturday 4 May
Storm vs Raiders
Eels vs Cowboys

Sunday 5 May
Warriors vs Titans
Knights vs Sharks
Roosters vs Panthers

Monday 6 May
Dragons vs Sea Eagles

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah not confident to go for any of the outside chances here. Pretty similar tipping from everyone so far, only a few slight changes.

Bunnies
Bulldogs
Storm
Cowboys
Warriors
Knights
Roosters
Sea Eagles

uvelocity

International Coach
Friday 3 May
Broncos vs Rabbitohs
Bulldogs vs Tigers

Saturday 4 May
Storm vs Raiders
Eels vs Cowboys

Sunday 5 May
Warriors vs Titans
Knights vs Sharks
Roosters vs Panthers

Monday 6 May
Dragons vs Sea Eagles

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Last I checked we were paying $6 which is very good value imo.
Yeah I've already had a punt on Penrith which is why I considered tipping them. In the end though there really is a big difference from saying I think they're > 16% chance of winning to actually saying they're > 50% chance of winning. :p

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
This round is so easy, on paper anyway, that I am using my Joker in this round (on the I Tip Footy site that we use here at work, one of the extra features in a tipping comp is the Joker round whereby you get double points for each correct tip for that round. You can only nominate one round out of the 26. This, for me, is the round I am choosing).

Fingers crossed for a bumper round with no upsets.

Yeee harrr
I picked the same as you but I'm uneasy about this round. It seems easy but a little too easy.

If I had to pick an outsider I would go for the Titans and Dragons.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I picked the same as you but I'm uneasy about this round. It seems easy but a little too easy.

If I had to pick an outsider I would go for the Titans and Dragons.
I can't believe people are so hard on for a 1-6 Warriors. They'll probably go win now that I've tipped against them and said that ofc.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't believe people are so hard on for a 1-6 Warriors. They'll probably go win now that I've tipped against them and said that ofc.
They gave the Storm a decent fight in Melbourne while the Titans got belted at home last week. Might have something to do with it.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Round 8

uvelocity 7
howard 6
Brumby 6
Alternative 6
Coronis 6
PEWS 6
Burgey 6
NUFAN 6
morgieb 5
Ausage 5
Kyle 5
Biased Indian 5
Johnners 5
Somerset 5

Huge amount of predictable picks this as a few have mentioned. This led to a huge number of 6s from those that picked all the safe bets. The notable exception is uv who wins the round thanks to him resisting the urge to pick Tigers and getting the Sunday victory for the Sharks over the Knights.

Overall

howard 49.3
Brumby 44.2
Alternative 44.2
uvelocity 42.2
Coronis 42.2
Somerset 40.2
Johnners 40.1
PEWS 40
morgieb 40
Ausage 39.1
Biased Indian 39.1
Burgey 37
NUFAN 37
Kyle 34

As would be expected on a safe week like this, there is very little movement in the standings. HJ maintains his 5 point gap at the top, though Uv's round victory propels him into exual 4th. At the bottom Kyle moves a point deeper into the spoon position.

Additionally this was Johnners, Biased Indian and Somerset's second week in a row without tipping. They will need to tip this week or be cut from the comp.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Round 9

Friday 10 May
Rabbitohs vs Cowboys
Tigers vs Sharks

Saturday 11 May
Warriors vs Bulldogs
Eels vs Broncos

Sunday 12 May
Raiders vs Knights
Titans vs Dragons