• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non top 10 players draft (1920s and later) Voting

Vote for the side you think is the best

• Ataraxia

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coronis

• HonestBharani

• Trundler

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • JOJOXI

• Fuller Pilch

• CricZo XI (KingKallis)

• Teuton

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Vote for the side that you think is the best - many leading players were ineligible with the restrictions outlined here - http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/threads/non-top-10-players-draft-1920s-and-later.83411/

But to summarise effectively players in the top 10 run scorers/wicket takers or top 10 batting/bowling averages (among those to have batted/bowled in 15 innings) were ineligible (top 5 for SL, Zimbabwe, and Bangladesh). Also nationality and decade restrictions with a maximum 2 players from the same debut decade/nationality

Ataraxia

1) RB Simpson (Bob)* / o
2) DJ McGlew (Jackie) /
3) PN Kirsten /
4) DCS Compton /
5) AM Rahane /
6) C de Grandhomme / o
7) HAPW (Prasanna) Jayawardene + /
8) WKM Benjamin o /
9) Sir CC Griffith o
10) D Gough o
11) WJ (Bill) O'Reilly o

Coronis

Dennis Amiss
Rohit Sharma
Ashanka Gurusinha
Ramnaresh Sarwan
Majid Khan*
Ben Stokes
Adam Gilchrist+
Tony MacGibbon
Fanie de Villiers
Clarrie Grimmett
Roy Gilchrist

HonestBharani

Trevor Goddard
Jeff Stollmeyer
Simon Katich
Asif Iqbal
Hashan Tilakaratne (wk)
Rusi Modi
Wasim Raja
Irfan Pathan
Tony Lock
Ryan Harris
John Snow

Trundler

Engineer+
Hunte
Harvey
Amarnath
Chandimal
McMillan
Reid
Constantine
Cummins
Verity
Bowes

Bowling the stronger suit

JOJOXI

1. Arthur Morris
2. Tillakaratne Dilshan
3. Jonathan Trott
4. Alvin Kallicharan (captain)
5. Larry Gomes
6. Mushtaq Mohammed
7. Denis Lindsay (keeper)
8. Vinoo Mankad
9. Sarfraz Nawaz
10. Harold Larwood
11. Bruce Reid

Relatively content with my side, a strong seam attack with left arm variety with Bruce Reid, Nawaz a capable seamer and ensures that whilst not an allrounder the tail isn't too lightweight with the bat. A left-arm spin option, a leg spin option and an offspin option in Mankad, Mohammed and Dilshan. Pretty happy with my top 6 - went with Gomes because of his decent record v England and Australia despite a middling average overall - had him and another batsman in my mind. Don't know much about Lindsay as a pure keeper although it seems he's reasonably highly rated and he averaged over 60 in his 8 innings at 7 - he only played in one position more (batted in 12 innings at 6.)

Fuller Pilch

Marvan Atapattu 1990s SL
Bert Sutcliffe 1940s NZ
Dean Jones 1980s A
Peter May 1950s E *
Doug Walters 1960s A 6
MS Dhoni 2000s I +
Shahid Afridi 1990s P 5
Jason Holder 2010s WI 3
Jim Laker 1940s E 4
Peter Heine 1950s SA 2
Patrick Patterson 1980s WI 1

Nicely balanced attack
In hindsight I perhaps should've picked Bill Lawry instead of Jones and played Sutcliffe in the middle order (although Sutcliffe had much more success opening than in the middle order).

CricZo XI (KingKallis)

Roy Fredericks /
Bill Ponsford /
Ted Dexter / o
Saeed Ahmed /
Ashwell Prince /
Jeremy Coney / o
Quinton de Kock + /
Ray Lindwall o /
Sir Gubby Allen o /
Sylvester Clarke o
Erapalli Prasanna o

Teuton

Final team
Navjot Sidhu Ind 1980s
Lawrence Rowe WI 1970s
Polly Umrigar Ind 1940s
Stan McCabe Aus 1930s
Arjuna Ranatunga SL 1980s
Keith Miller Aus 1940s
Andrew Flintoff Eng 1990s
Adam Parore NZ 1990s
Maurice Tate Eng 1920s
Peter Pollock SA 1960s
Sonny Ramadhin WI 1950s

I couldn't be happier with this side given the rules, spearheaded by 4 star fast bowling all rounders.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Each side is a good job given the enormous constraints but Ataraxia's seems a level higher on paper. Went with that.

JOJOXI

Will have a closer look this evening before voting but liked the look of Fuller Pilch's side as sides were coming together, like Teuton's more the more I see it, a few other sides in the mix looking at it briefly with fresh eyes today - all the sides very competitive given the squad restraints

JOJOXI

Was 6 people tied on the same number of votes when I posted now everyone! And I think that's fair Fuller Pilch unless there are other solutions. Still over 24 hours to go voting wise for anyone yet to vote who wants to!

srbhkshk

International Captain
Wasn't trundler, I gave trundler an extra vote because .. surprise.. I liked his team the best. (Also, how many times are you gonna get a chance to cast such a decisive one.)

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, all teams were genuinely evenly matched this time. Feeling pretty stoked, not gonna like.

JOJOXI

A late vote for Teuton right near the death has levelled it up, congratulations to tied winners Teuton and Trundler and thankyou to everyone who voted and particularly those who participated - some very good sides (with the restrictions) and all extremely close sides (as the voting suggests!)