• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non Test Playing Nations!!!

Which Non Test Playing Nation Do U Support?

• Total voters

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Wow thats a great News... Hope to see A.Obanda some where in the top 30 too... But for that he should perform consistently...
It will be a while before that - he has only played 3 matches as and the days go past and they don't play points drop off slowly. I think he was somewhere about 160th as of the last update.
As you say, he will need to perform consistently and against good opposition too to get there.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Good to see Ongondo breaking into the top 20 of the ICC ODI rankings. Hopefully that will give incentive to other young players in Kenya and indeed the other Associate countries.
Jimmy Kamande just broke into the top 100 at no 95 and Varaiya has now moved up to no 79 just 4 behind Leverock in the bowling ratings

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
So Friends Time For Today's Matches:

Intercontinental Cup:
Kenya v Bermuda Day 1.

ACC Twenty20:
Semi Final 1: Kuwait V Oman,
Semi Final 2: UAE V Afghanistan.

Athlai

Not Terrible
So Friends Time For Today's Matches:

Intercontinental Cup:
Kenya v Bermuda Day 1.

ACC Twenty20:
Semi Final 1: Kuwait V Oman,
Semi Final 2: UAE V Afghanistan.
Bermuda are dire, expecting even a slightly weakened Kenya to crush them.

Olwe

School Boy/Girl Captain
the UAE will win the ACC i think and kenya will whitewash burmuda, kenya are at the moment i think are as good as or even better then zimbabwe

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Odd Kenya's David Obuya takes on the gloves and Varaiya with a crucial breathrough to expose the tail

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Am Amazed Bermuda could score above 200? Anyways Kenya going well too & ACC Twenty20 Update has both good & bad newz... Good Newz Match is Tie & a great final, Bad newz Both Afghanistan & Oman Sharing the Trophy... So good newz for ICC is Massive support for Afghanistan, NEW TEST NATION ON THE BLOCK....

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Friends New Topic to be discussed "AFGHANISTAN: THE CRICKET NATION"... All Ur views on how Afghanistan's furture Cricket & ICC's Support to Afghanistan should be???

I would love to see Afghanistan in Asia Cup Soon:

India V Pakistan V Srilanka V B.Desh V UAE V Afghanistan...

Would Be Kool Is'nt it...

Last edited:

haroon510

International 12th Man
Am Amazed Bermuda could score above 200? Anyways Kenya going well too & ACC Twenty20 Update has both good & bad newz... Good Newz Match is Tie & a great final, Bad newz Both Afghanistan & Oman Sharing the Trophy... So good newz for ICC is Massive support for Afghanistan, NEW TEST NATION ON THE BLOCK....

that would be one of my dreams come true.. i love the game of cricket.. and to see my country doing well and even to be considered for test cricket is just an honer to me and all afghan people..

i don't think afghanistan will play this asia cup but probably next one.. i heard that they gave the spot to nepal...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty this tournment added as quailfer for Asian Twenty20 Cup in two years time. So Afganistan and Oman will probably play in that tournment. But knowing the ACC UAE will get a some infront of Oman.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Pretty this tournment added as quailfer for Asian Twenty20 Cup in two years time. So Afganistan and Oman will probably play in that tournment. But knowing the ACC UAE will get a some infront of Oman.
All The Top Eight teams Qualify for the ACC Twenty20 Div 1 in 2009... Bottom two will play in ACC Twenty20 Div 2 in 2009 with top two from there Qualifying to The Div 1... Then Div 1 will be qualifiers for the 2010 Asian Games in China...

Format:

Bottom 2 from 2007 ACC Twenty20 > 2009 ACC Twenty20 Div 2 > Top 2 Of 2009 Div 2 + Top 8 of 2007 ACC Twenty20 > 2009 ACC Twenty20 Div 1 > Top 4 from 2009 Div 1 + 4 Test Nations > 2010 Asian Games in China...

I hope next ACC Twenty20 Div 1 takes place in UAE (As they have got proper Facilities, People & Sponsers) with all the matches being telecasted & played as High Profile Matches...

Last edited:

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Tusker sign US$105,000pa contract

Kenya secure four-year sponsorship

Finally Good news going with Kenya... Kenya stepping the right way... All The Best...

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Tusker/ EABL have been a major sponsor in the past so its good that they have returned

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Yeah Tusker/ EABL have been a major sponsor in the past so its good that they have returned
Yup Hope Kenya Makes Even the Sponsorers Happy...

Anyways Kenya Beat Bermuda by 10 Wkts... Viraya took 10 Wkts In the match & Decent show from Hemp for Bermuda... Keep going Kenya... So, Bermuda's Next match with UAE hope they atleast fit in that level...

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Actually, the margin was 8 wickets, but Kenya still go top of the table with 40 points from their two games so far. A nice place to be, but no time for complacency as next year will see much tougher competition that will have to be beaten away from home. Still, for the time being, a good chance to celebrate with the new sponsor's finest :)

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Actually, the margin was 8 wickets, but Kenya still go top of the table with 40 points from their two games so far. A nice place to be, but no time for complacency as next year will see much tougher competition that will have to be beaten away from home. Still, for the time being, a good chance to celebrate with the new sponsor's finest :)
Oops Sorry... Ya The margin is 8 Wkts... I hope to see Kenya & Ireland In Final... That should be great... SO wat else Cooking...

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
I'd expect UAE to win at home, but Bermuda have had the most practice of all the teams so far so should have improved. Don't think it will be enough to get them their first points though.

I am really, really :mad: at the ICC. Having held off booking my holiday dates to Kenya in Jan as long as possible while trying to weasel the dates for the IC matches out of the ICC, I finally had to book or risk losing the flights. Because I am not rolling in cash, dates are non changeable. I fly via Dubai and arrive in Nairobi early Jan - right about time the Kenya team arrive in Dubai to take on the UAE. Then at the end of Jan (when I have 4 nights in Dubai) Kenya take on Namibia in Nairobi. the match starts the day after I leave. The ICC announced the dates the day after my tickets were confirmed. :mad2: :wallbash: :cursing: :blowup: