• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non Test Playing Nations!!!

Which Non Test Playing Nation Do U Support?

• Total voters

turnstyle

State 12th Man
You would think Namibia should win Div 2 comfortably, although they've struggled a bit in the SAA stuff. They're still streets ahead of Denmark who i think will take second spot

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon it will be a toss up between Uganda, Denmark and Namibia for the finals. Either of the three could come up trumps

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Namibia
Uganda
Denmark
UAE
Argentina
Oman

Agree with Andruid - any of the top three could win. Namibia on home soil should take the top place though. It should produce some good games.
C'arn the Africans!

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Agreed even My predictions show the same... Hopefully it will be a high scoring contest for all the teams to boost their confidense...

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
The Africa Cricket Association have confirmed that moves are afoot to resuscitate the Africa Cup. Talks are currently underway with the respective members and the tournament is expected to be back on the calendar as early as next year. If it follows the same format as previously advanced, it will see Kenya take on Uganda, Tanzania, Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa A and possibly one or two other qualifiers.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Oooh In wonder if the Kenya v. Zimbabwe matches will be accorded Full ODI status (anothergood opportunity to nick some easy ratings points on the ODI championships and make the Champions trophy for Kenya:ph34r: ) and if any of the sides will have any reservations on touring Zimbabwe.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Can anyone give me the info about past Africa Cups (When, Winners, Where?) or let me know where I can find the info?

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
The Africa Cricket Association have confirmed that moves are afoot to resuscitate the Africa Cup. Talks are currently underway with the respective members and the tournament is expected to be back on the calendar as early as next year. If it follows the same format as previously advanced, it will see Kenya take on Uganda, Tanzania, Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa A and possibly one or two other qualifiers.
Again - if you are going to cut and paste - credit the source please!

I would expect the format to be a round robin competition played in one country. Benoni (SA) was scheduled to host the last one that never went ahead. Nairobi with 3 ODI pitches could also play host.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Oooh In wonder if the Kenya v. Zimbabwe matches will be accorded Full ODI status (anothergood opportunity to nick some easy ratings points on the ODI championships and make the Champions trophy for Kenya:ph34r: ) and if any of the sides will have any reservations on touring Zimbabwe.
It is concerning that there do not seem to be many matches against teams on the table lined up. Kenya seem to play plenty of ODIs, but against other Associates not on the ladder. Hopefully this will change next year. 3 ODIs are penciled in vs Ireland in August, but yet to be confirmed.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Non Test Playing Nations - News Update:

1) Croatia Beat Israel.

Croatia’s next international engagement will be the Division 2 tournament in Guernsey next July, where they will take on the hosts, Jersey, Germany, Gibraltar and France. Israel will go into the Division 3 competition scheduled for 2009, where their opponents will include Spain, the Isle of Man, Malta, Belgium, Portugal and Cyprus. - Cricket Europe

2) UAE to play Warm Up matches in South Africa before Div 2 in Namibia.

3) Singapore finds two New Grounds.

4) MCC in Afghanistan to promote & develope cricket.

5) Cricket to Make Big Impact in Asian Games: OCA.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Do you have your own cricket gear? Yes

Your in the team!

Box, Bat, Whites, Gloves, Shoes.

Do need some pads, surely there would be a club kit.

I am kinda serious though. My mum is from Malta and it would be kinda cool to play in a comp like this.

If I actually played now and not work on weekends and did some training and fitness I am sure I reckon I could get close to the Malta team.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Box, Bat, Whites, Gloves, Shoes.

Do need some pads, surely there would be a club kit.

I am kinda serious though. My mum is from Malta and it would be kinda cool to play in a comp like this.

If I actually played now and not work on weekends and did some training and fitness I am sure I reckon I could get close to the Malta team.
All The Best Mate... Would love to see ya play for Malta soon but be consistent...