• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NFL / NCAA Football

andmark

International Captain
I was following the Green Bay vs Dallas match last night. I got a bit confused though when during the last two minutes, Dallas were 10 behind and had a fourth down on the Green Bay 15 yard line. They decided to take the field goal (albeit they missed) which was what confused me. Like given the lack of time and unlikeliness to get that sort of field position again, surely they should've gone for it rather than take the field goal?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I was following the Green Bay vs Dallas match last night. I got a bit confused though when during the last two minutes, Dallas were 10 behind and had a fourth down on the Green Bay 15 yard line. They decided to take the field goal (albeit they missed) which was what confused me. Like given the lack of time and unlikeliness to get that sort of field position again, surely they should've gone for it rather than take the field goal?
You need two scores to get the tie (or win if you go for two), so instead of taking the (at best) 50:50 chance of making a first down, you take the guaranteed score to make it a one score game and keep the game alive. If you come up short and come out of it with nothing the game is over.

andmark

International Captain
I don't know why, but I really despise the Miami Dolphins for their kits. They look like they work at Sea World.

andmark

International Captain
I'm just watching the 1981 NFC Championship game. Joe Montana really had a reliable look about him didn't he?

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
Insane game between the Chiefs and Texans, with the Chiefs coming back from 21-0 down after 5 minutes to win 51-31.

Chiefs will host the Titans next week.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
And the Chiefs do it again, letting the Titans get out to an early 10-point lead before coming back to dominate the second half and win 35-24. The Titans' dream run comes to an end and the Chiefs go on to the Super Bowl in Miami against the winner of SF vs Packers, which kicks off shortly.

andmark

International Captain
Disappointing though it is for Green Bay to be gone, it looks seet to be a good Super Bowl. Two quality teams, no Patriots, and good QBs. Rather looking forward to it.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
Disappointing though it is for Green Bay to be gone, it looks seet to be a good Super Bowl. Two quality teams, no Patriots, and good QBs. Rather looking forward to it.
Yeah, it's pretty much the perfect match-up - the two best teams in the league imo - which should make for an exciting SB. Can't wait.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
I don't really have any skin in the game, although I read somewhere that the 49ers' punter is a Kiwi, so that just about sways it lol.

Two excitement machines going at it. Should be a cracker.