• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NFL / NCAA Football

Ali TT

International Debutant
How many rings did Jordan have when he was anointed the GOAT? He still doesn't have as much as Russell.
Not sure he's yet the GOAT on his own, but he sits alongside Brady and Montana now. Going Buffalo-Baltimore then SF in their backyard and taking them all down is the stuff of legends though, especially with the weakass offense they had this year.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Peyton is better than two of those, but apparently in the NFL it's all about rings.

Ali TT

International Debutant
I think Peyton is better than two of those, but apparently in the NFL it's all about rings.
Well he won two, although Denver managed his second in spite of him.

It's not about ring counting but when a QB wins 7 like Brady or has 3 SB MVPs by the time he's 28 like Mahomes, or has a passer rating of 127.8 across 4 Superbowls like Montana that puts them in a different class. I was a big fan of Manning and that Colts offence, which he ran so effectively, but his postseason troubles put him behind those 3.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Well he won two, although Denver managed his second in spite of him.

It's not about ring counting but when a QB wins 7 like Brady or has 3 SB MVPs by the time he's 28 like Mahomes, or has a passer rating of 127.8 across 4 Superbowls like Montana that puts them in a different class. I was a big fan of Manning and that Colts offence, which he ran so effectively, but his postseason troubles put him behind those 3.
This kind of prices my point though, he did nothing for that second Superbowl, even Elway didn't win squat till AD came in board. It should factor in and I fully acknowledge your second paragraph, but it's a bit too SB reliant. SB MVPs though, that's an indicator.

Ali TT

International Debutant
This kind of prices my point though, he did nothing for that second Superbowl, even Elway didn't win squat till AD came in board. It should factor in and I fully acknowledge your second paragraph, but it's a bit too SB reliant. SB MVPs though, that's an indicator.
Yeah but no one sane is going to claim Eli Manning or Jim Plunkett as ATGs. Brady, Mahomes, Montana all have stellar regular season records as well; their post-season and SB performances, time and again, are what sets them apart. Mahomes is going to have to go some to match Brady and likely do it under different coaching as can't see Reed sticking around for a decade. Even if not technically the greatest QB, or most exciting to watch, and despite being a dick, his record puts him in greatest sportsman category.

ripper868

International Coach
Yeah saw some of those comments, and he followed it up with a vague 'x' along the lines of "I could tell you but then i'd have to kill you, and me, and that nice lady down the road'.

The evidence is irrefutable though, every nfl athlete, coach, physio, front office, back office, side office and water closet staff member is clearly in on it.
Footballmania PPV is going to be lit though with the surprise return of John Elway at #30.
Taylor Swift is Vince McMahon and I claim my MITB title shot.

Ali TT

International Debutant
Yeah saw some of those comments, and he followed it up with a vague 'x' along the lines of "I could tell you but then i'd have to kill you, and me, and that nice lady down the road'.

The evidence is irrefutable though, every nfl athlete, coach, physio, front office, back office, side office and water closet staff member is clearly in on it.
Footballmania PPV is going to be lit though with the surprise return of John Elway at #30.
Taylor Swift is Vince McMahon and I claim my MITB title shot.
Is Gooddell not VM though, perhaps Swift is Steph (there will be a big reveal of this soon) and Kelce is Triple H? (Kelce/Hunter I guess have a passing resemblance as hairy, stacked, slightly unhinged, white dude)

In truth, you don't have to be into right wing conspiracy theories to be irritated with the obsession about Swift, especially with the hugely beneficial commercial angle it provides. It's classic corporate America and shows how much politics has shifted that it's the right, and not the left, going bonkers about it.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I really think that the Bears should keep Justin field and just trade the pick for a haul. Justin has talent and if you give him Marvin Harrison Jr, then a Jared Verse at edge and an offensive line in the top of the 2nd or even trade back into the 1st, he gets so much better.

A generational receiver, a talented pass rusher and offensive line help? That's perfect

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
It's also ridiculous how every year a QB comes from nowhere to be a top 5 pick. And they always bust.

JJ McCarthy is no better than Max Jones, Trey Lance or Zach Wilson. Most of these guys, just don't make it, work on the guys you have.