• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Next big 4

Tom Flint

International Regular
Marnus
Babar
Iyer
Brook

First 3 are all 28, Brook a fair bit younger but all should stick around for at least next 5 years. Babar for me most talented but I think marnus will end up with the best average. Shame iyer debuted so late.
Which one will retire with highest average?

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't know if Babar will finish the highest average but in moral terms he certainly should as he seems to have an entire cricket administration devoted to his batting average as its guiding light, even moreso than, you know, winning games and entertaining the money-paying public.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I don't know if Babar will finish the highest average but in moral terms he certainly should as he seems to have an entire cricket administration devoted to his batting average as its guiding light, even moreso than, you know, winning games and entertaining the money-paying public.
Can you put this is laymans terms please

Chubb

International Regular
If you’re going by averages it won’t be Brook for 3 reasons:

- amount of cricket he’ll have to play
- majority of tests in English conditions
- Bazball

Not that Bazball is bad but it doesn’t lend itself to stat padding. Paddling, maybe, but not padding.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Will be hard to top Marnus's average though, heck it may even climb at some stage.
Yep much as I hate it I think he is a top tier player now, I know he gets a bit of luck here and there but he scores mountains of runs I can't see his average dropping much at all. I'm almost as sure he will get a big score just as often as smith does.