• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand 'A' 2020/21 Thread

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
This original post is quite late to the party, but John Davies Oval laid on a pretty tepid one last week for a chap who'd just spent $640k doing up his backyard.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Okay I'm thinking Conway and a couple of West Indians haven't arrived yet and there's a chance of a delayed start. Very unusual to be 15 minutes from the first ball and not have a nzc.nz scorecard with the final teams and who won the toss.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I can always pretty up this thread with a bit of archived Conway, I suppose. Seeing it'll be the relative ugliness of Phillips/Seifert/Chapman doing some top-order batting in an 'A' Test tomorrow.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe not tomorrow for Phillips/Seifert/Chapman, maybe this afternoon.

There's King getting out, just lamely fishing at a wide one.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
It's been a nice start with the new ball for Duffy. Maybe a bit shy of the right length too often but the outwards shape has beaten or nicked the defensive bat five times in his first 18 balls. Moseley looking like a bit of a startled rabbit against a bouncer before he edged to slip.

Last edited:

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Very disappointed they couldn't manage the extremely minor admin of getting Conway the 100km from Hamilton Tauranga.

He's not going to play the test, he's basically the 16th man added. Very poor.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Really pleased to see Pooran doing this well in his return to first-class play after six years out. I might have to hope this afternoon is a bit like that 2014 U19 WC game vs. Australia, where he made 143 in a 208 total.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I think you give young players their best chance to perform tbh, if you feel you can only try them in one NZA match. Not a fan of sending them on ill-fitting assignments as a kind of hazing, when you're lucky enough to have all that vault footage at your fingertips.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
WI batsmen playing miles away from their body this morning I see. Only Duffy's wicket anywhere near the stumps and was still a safe leave even with a little swing around.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Three bad shots from short balls to match the three lax edges behind. N Smith has barely taken a wicket all season and now flattered with three.

WI A might expose the lack of actual openers in the NZ A order though.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Terrible batting from all but Pooran so far. You have to say they look every inch a T20 team trying out red ball cricket...