• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand- #1 ranked test side for the first time ever

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
I actually think we're pretty well placed to weather that first tranche of retirements. Jamieson and Conway/Young will plug the main gaps and Blundell has shown plenty of promise. The real problems won't start until Kane and Soult retire.
I wonder what a current under-30 side would look like

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I recall a Chris Martin spell where he ran through us.

I think what followed was the most shameful period of NZ cricket history though.
Like, IMMEDIATELY after that spell. Harbajan scored a ton and we sucked for years upon years. 46 in SA followed not long after.