• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nathan Lyon

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
nah not really. transfer of weight and all through the hips.
Yeah he's the best ever at executing on this bad technique, but he still executives this bad technique.

I actually find it great to watch though. I usually cringe at bad technique even if it's middled.

Spark

Global Moderator
They both hit it from low to high.
Rohit manages that correctly though because he's aware of that and therefore his main goal often is to hit the ball for six, which is absolutely the right decision if you're going to play the shot like that (and you have the power, which he does). It's techniques like Green's, where he can absolutely pummel the ball in the stands if he commits to it, but instead hits it at head height, as if he's trying to keep it down even though his technique doesn't allow him to do so, which get to me. You're a man mountain, hit the ****ing ball for six! Do that a few times and they might change tactics too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Rohit manages that correctly though because he's aware of that and therefore his main goal often is to hit the ball for six, which is absolutely the right decision if you're going to play the shot like that (and you have the power, which he does). It's techniques like Green's, where he can absolutely pummel the ball in the stands if he commits to it, but instead hits it at head height, which get to me.
Yeah Green doesn't really hit from low to high, he just swings through the height he gets. Low to high can be a legit tactic if you're backing yourself to pick the gap or clear the boundary.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah Green doesn't really hit from low to high, he just swings through the height he gets. Low to high can be a legit tactic if you're backing yourself to pick the gap or clear the boundary.
Warner used to do it too which was even worse, because he 100%, absolutely, could hit those balls for six and knew it too, just chose not to because "Test cricket" and therefore would hit the ball at catchable height or, worse, top edge a limp paddle pull. Even Smith does this sometimes which is why I wasn't really surprised that he got out playing that kind of shot.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
nah not really. transfer of weight and all through the hips.
Yeah, he never does the calypso style pull/hook. Or what we called it when Kapil played it, the Nataraja shot.

I mean, maybe the odd time he does. But its not his usual style.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nothing that impressive about coming out to bat one 1 leg. Steve Waugh did it in 2001 and made 157*.

Anyway can't help but wonder if this is the last thing Lyon ever does in international cricket

Burgey

Assuming he recovers he’s in the top couple of names on the team sheet

TheJediBrah

What if Murphy takes 45 wickets at 21 and Lyon struggles to get his rhythm back

(assuming Murphy is the only Victorian in the XI)

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Nothing that impressive about coming out to bat one 1 leg. Steve Waugh did it in 2001 and made 157*.

Anyway can't help but wonder if this is the last thing Lyon ever does in international cricket
I'm feeling a definite himannv/sanga thing going on with you and Nathan Lyon.....where does this irrational hatred come from? Did he bully you at school?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm feeling a definite himannv/sanga thing going on with you and Nathan Lyon.....where does this irrational hatred come from? Did he bully you at school?
No idea where it has came from, but TJB has hated Lyon for years, long predating my time here.

Certainly it isn't new

number11

U19 Captain
Really sad to see him leave this Ashes in these circumstances. He's a lovely bowler and a fierce competitor. The youngster Murphy gets his chance to stake a claim. Such is the way of the world.